Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Our First Pow-Wow! Wow, It Was Great!!!!!

The weekend has been filled with activity, sleep and sickness. :( Friday was my off-site at work, which was okay. You know...the usual! The downside was the fact that I can't eat meat on Fridays (see early post about Fridays during Lent!) so I choked down some whitefish that they had there. It was okay, but definitely not the best. The best at things like this are the chicken dishes...so I tried to fill up on walnut-glazed-carrots, which were delicious, but you don't want to be "that person" at the work function with her plate heaping with carrots! ;)

After leaving the off-site, I went on to school to read for a bit before I met up with friends to go to the annual auction. So I arrived at school about 2:30pm. The auction started at 6:30pm... That was a long 4 hours. Finally about 7pm we made our way to the auction. It was my first time at an auction...my suggestion is to skip the silent auction, because that is just boring and a time waster. If you are going to an auction, just go to the live one...now that is fun. But I'm sure it is more fun if you have money though or if you have been drinking during the silent auction (which I stayed away from for various reasons...). I had a good time, but I probably won't be returning to any auctions in the near future. Who wants to sit there and watch other people have a better time than you and watch others spending money you don't have! Maybe when I'm an alum and have money! ;)

Of course during the live auction I came down with a little tickle in my throat. I kept hoping that it was because I hadn't drank or ate anything since noon, so I tried pushing it out of my mind. Well, when I got home after 11pm (after going to grab some dinner and bring that home because I was starving) I could no longer deny my tickle wasn't from lack of fluid. I took a shot of NyQuil and fell in to bed around 1am. Saturday morning I had lots to do and woke up not feeling the best. I ran some errands and then picked up the munchkin and my aunt so we could go to a Pow-Wow! (Yes, a real one!)

Now that was fun!!! :) And I will be going back to that in the near future! We made it up there in time to see the grand entry, which is where all of the drums play and the dancers enter the arena behind the elders and the flag carriers. If there had been more comfortable chairs, one less munchkin and some one bringing drinks around I could have stayed in my seat from noon till it closed at 10pm! It was so interesting!! I just loved it. I was able to meet up with Prof. P! I think she thought it was great that I brought my munchkin there! :) And the cutest thing was when he started dancing like the dancers did when they walked around the arena! Here you see this Irish looking child dancing like a Native American! I was so amazed by him...he picked up those steps quickly and I can't say much because listening to those Drums...my feet wanted to do the same little dance step! And the dancers regalia....OMG....how beautiful! And to see these itty-bitty-little ones dressed in their regalia doing the dances too...it made my heart go all warm inside! And as for the older, adult, males....well, lets just say it wasn't just my heart that went all warm inside! Damn!!!! ;) Don't worry...my man knows my affinity for dark men... ;)

We had the opportunity to experience some wonderful Indian food as well. We did a little of almost everything...we had an Indian taco, an Indian pizza, Indian Fry-Bread, Indian drinks (made fresh with fruit~~fresh squeezed strawberry drinks, lemonade, and ice tea), and a blanket dog! We just shared with one another. We walked around and looked at all of the exhibits! We bought tee-shirts (our first Pow-Wow T-Shirts!!) and I bought a hair holder and the munchkin suckered me in to purchasing him a bow and arrows (with eraser tips!) too! We spent a little over 5 hours there and since I pirated some antibiotics from my aunt's friend, I could feel it wearing off when we finally decided to leave around 5pm. We drove home and I dropped the munchkin and the aunt off at her home and I came straight home.

I started reading Crim Pro because my goal is to catch up on that this weekend! I laid down on the bed to read some and feel asleep sometime after 6:30pm. I woke up once at 8:30pm and couldn't keep my eyes open. I rolled over and didn't wake up again until after 2:00am. I got up, took my 2nd antibiotic, took some Motrin for my killer headache, and a shot of NyQuil and took my inhaler too since this "illness" has settled in my upper chest. I then went back to bed and slept until after 10am this morning! You would think I felt wonderful, right? Wrong!! I still feel pretty crappy and heck, I've even taken a nap since then today and not done much else, but I still feel pretty miserable. I'm 100% sure had I not started the antibiotic yesterday and gotten as much rest as I have that I would be feeling way worse. So I'm just taking things slow and doing the best I can and hoping that I get better and not worse.

Alright...off to read more Crim Pro, especially since the munchkin will be coming home in about an hour.... Another week behind the 8 ball! Ugh....

BTW, Happy Palm Sunday everyone!

PS: I've lost 4 lbs since going back to WWs on my own...I was very happy to discover that Saturday morning! :D Woo-hoo...not bad especially since I didn't have the best week last week!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss! I think this weather isn't helping with the sickness. I have been SO tired lately myself. Hope you feel better soon.

    P.S. The PowWow sounded fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dani!! Yeah, I think I've been fighting this for like a week now and my body this weekend just said, 'screw you' and is slowly allowing the illness to take over... :( I hope you stay well...get lots of rest!

    It was!! I wish I had one to go to every weekend! LOL

    ReplyDelete