Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Some Pictures from the Pow-Wow...Enjoy...

Here is a drum that performed. They were to our right.
They were very good! Actually, all of the drums were very good!
The only person I know in the picture is the guy in the bottom
left hand corner holding the microphone to the drum to
hear them better by allowing their singing and drum to be reproduced
through the sound system set up!
He is Prof. P's son and he is a doll!!
Illegal...but a doll!
Watch out ladies when he becomes older, he is going to be a Native American Heartbreaker!

Here is one of the drums that performed. They were the drum from
NC! They were right in front of where we sat each time!
They were great!



Here are two competitors! A gentlemen who was very in to the Pow-Wow
and a little girl who was the cutest thing ever!!
During the inter-tribal her daddy had her out on the arena floor dancing with her doll!

This was another drum. Equally good. They were to our left.
I wish we had bought our program when we first got there. Because I can't remember who is who! But they all did a great job.


Sorry...not all of these pics are great. :( My camera was taking
very dark at times throughout this day and would
become grainy if you zoomed in. I am not happy with
my camera. :(

Here is a picture of one of the drums performing at the Pow-Wow!

This is a picture right before Grand Entry began! All of the
bright green shirts are security.

These are all pictures of Grand Entry!!
It is just spectacular!!




This is from Grand Entry! That is the start of the Pow-Wow!
It is just beautiful!







Here is a dancer in her regalia. She is a jingle dancer.




Here is a picture of where we got our drinks at the Pow-Wow.
It also shows two of the dancers in their regalia.
The young lady on the right is a jingle dancer
The little boy on the left likely participated in the Tots Exhibition
maybe as a grass dancer. I'm not positive.

A dancer in her regalia. She is a jingle dancer.

I hope you enjoyed the pics as much as we did. They aren't great, but I wanted to share them with you all! This posting pics to a blog is hard! They are not in the order I wanted. I'll do better next time! Dani, you should have told me how hard this was! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment