Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Friday, April 17, 2009

Every St. Patrick's Day~~A Month Late

Apparently I was really busy a month ago, because I did intend to post this little ditty then, but it didn't happen, so on the 1 month anniversary of St. Patrick's Day I figured I would "catch" it!

Every St. Patrick's Day I think of my dear from Dani for a multitude of reasons...because she is Irish, because our last day working together was on St. Patrick's Day (oh so many years ago), and mostly because of her going away party at our Mexican Restaurant in Greektown on St. Patrick's Day!!! Not only did we have green drinks and some of us shed a tear or two, but we also were almost witnesses in a Wild West Gun Battle D-Style. I will never forget that night even in to my 80's...

What a blast was had but what was even more scary than the guy opening the backend of his mini-van to show an alleged arsenal of weapons right outside the giant windows of the restaurant and the two of us scrambling to get closer to see what the commotion was until someone referenced the arsenal of weapons was the fact that on Monday I had to come to work without one of my BFFs! :(

Eventually I too left that job, but quickly came back (I don't like the world outside of my work bubble!) and regardless~~everyday I've missed my "gang" of BFFs because one by one they have all left and I remain here. But I won't forget a going away party like D's....so Dani, every St. Patrick's Day I remember you!

Hugs to you my friend!

****Yes, this would have made more sense and meant more on the actual date, but we can't always get what we want! LOL

1 comment:

  1. Thanks J!! You know every time I think about that night I always forget the almost shoot out and how we kept getting close to the wall to wall WINDOWS to see. What idiots! It was a good time.

    I miss working with you and EJ and all the fun times we had :(

    Hey - did you change the color of your blog? Are you in mourning?

    ReplyDelete