Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Exploding Popcorn

So as you all know I'm fighting my battle of the bulge and one of the things that I use to help me through my day is my bag of 94% fat free buttered popcorn. Well, I had a coupon for Orville's brand over my normal PopSecret brand, so I used it. I finished my box of PopSecret last week and brought in my bag of Orville's for this week. Of course when I bought the box I thought it was regular size bags, but it wasn't. So I was already not happy with the fact that I had those stupid mini-bags instead. :(

Yesterday, I take my mini-bag in to the kitchen at work, put it in the microwave and start it. As 30 seconds goes by I think to myself that it is strange noises I'm hearing standing by the microwave. At 45 seconds I thought, "Gosh...it sounds like the kernals are hitting the door, but that is just crazy!" At 60 seconds I thought, "Okay, I'm not crazy!" I opened the door to see that my popcorn bag exploded!! There was a hole blown right in the middle of the "this side up" bag and kernals and popcorn were blowing all around the microwave, popping! WTF?!

I had came to realize that all of the Orville popcorn bags I see popped in this microwave come out singed or burnt, but of course it had to be my mini-bag, which exploded. None of the PopSecret bags come out singed, burnt or bombed... After wipping the microwave out, throwing away my much needed exploded remenants of popcorn, I called Orville's assistant. Needless to say a coupon for a "free" product is enroute. The assistant asked if that made things somewhat better. I told her no and that I would give the coupon to someone else because I was sticking to my PopSecret brand at work! What a crazy afternoon...exploding popcorn, WTF?!

No comments:

Post a Comment