Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Friday, April 10, 2009

Fridays...

Alright...this is going to be another hog-pog of a Friday post! I originally was going to do a post entitled "Fish Tacos, Friday the 13th, and a Shoulder Kiss". Well, I'm going to combine that with today's "Good Friday" post!

Back on March 13, which was another Friday the 13th, I agreed to meet the most recent former co-worker from my office for lunch. Of course, this person isn't the most normal kind of guy. And not all of it is his fault. He does have a mild CHI (closed head injury). I understand this concept and try my hardest to write off some of his antics. Of course, I know he is even more Catholic than I am (which isn't hard, trust me!), so I figure when he asks me to lunch on a Friday during Lent that he will not pick my chips & salsa Mexican restaurant...well, I was wrong and he did. Of course all I could think of was, "Do they have fish tacos?"

Now, I don't know about you, but fish tacos sound like one of the most horrible things ever! I don't even know where the idea comes from. I don't know if they really do exist. I just vaguely recall hearing someone say the phrase "fish tacos" and it has stuck in my head ever since. I consult with Dani and we conclude that they probably have cheese and onion enchiladas, so I should be safe (outside of the craziness that my fellow lunch eater will bring to the table...literally!). I arrive at the restaurant approximately 10 mins late, which I know should be okay because former co-worker is unable to be on time. And me of all people, I'm okay with that. So as I usually try and do, I bring a book from school to read while I wait. When I get to this place I'm actually surprised at how many people are there for lunch on a Friday during Lent. Maybe I will be better than safe with my food options.

Finally former co-worker shows up, at least 20-25 mins late. I then later determine that he is working that day across the street from the restaurant at a health-care insurance company's internal credit union. I find this intriguing since when I hoped on our city's version of a subway system at exactly 12:30pm (the time we were suppose to meet) and receive a text that he is on his way... Hmmmmm...did he get on our city's version of a subway system for old times sake and ride it around one loop?! Oh well...we order and I remind him that it is Friday and Lent and he seems shocked by this turn of events. Equally puzzling, but I move on. We chat, we eat (I don't look at him while we eat, because he isn't the 'best eater'.) and then he announces to our waiter that he needs to place a to-go order. The waiter, who due to my frequent stops in there acknowledges that he knows me, takes the order and leaves. My former co-worker becomes obsessed about this to go order. Hmmm...is this your real meal so you want to make sure it is perfect? When I inquiry who he is picking up the meal for to make idle conversation I'm advised, "No one you would know." Duh..... You think?!

The to-go order comes out and the waiter leaves that along with our bills. As we pay our bills the former co-worker opens up the to-go meal and is upset because he specifically requested a "very large side of shredded cheese" and it is missing. He starts turning frantically in his chair and begins to look for our waiter. So I tell him the waiter is over at a table on the other side of the restaurant, putting together silverware, he is the only male at the table and is with approximately 3 or 4 other wait people. So my lunch companion gets up, walks thru the main dining room and stands behind a pole to attempt to get our waiter's attention. I find this odd...not only did you not walk by the waiter, make any motion to the waiter, you actually kind of walked the long way around him and then stood behind him and with a pole between the two of you. I don't see this getting his cheese....but what do I know. Then he walks towards the kitchen, stops, stares at the table of wait-staff, turns around and stands back behind the pole again. Finally one of the waitresses asks our waiter if the guy standing behind the pole belongs to his table! I'm sitting at our table chuckling to myself because this just seemed like a crazy way to get some more cheese...

Finally, the cheese has been secured, he comes back to the table goes on about how he can now afford to tip and how he is a big spender now. So I ask if that means he is picking up my lunch. If you ever want to see a cheap man sweat ask him if he is buying you lunch. They start sweating, stuttering, etc. Finally I had to tell him I was only kidding and remind him that I had already paid my bill...he was glad I had because he said he was trying to tell me nicely that he wasn't buying me lunch. LMAO!

Upon exiting the restaurant he starts walking and talking to the right and I stop and wait for him to realize I'm not with him. When he does he turns around and I tell him I'm going to the left. He comes at me for a hug...if you knew this person you can close your eyes, picture him in a black peacoat coming at you with arms all up in the air for a hug. It isn't the best site to see coming at you with no place to escape! So he hugs me, tells me how great it is to see me again and before he releases the hug I see that his face is down at my shoulder, like face down and then I hear it...a big smacking kiss sound. You know, the "muah" sound! He kissed my shoulder? Through my winter coat? Regardless...he kissed my shoulder? I told Captain in a separate email...I wasn't sure if I found it hilarious or a bit disturbing...

I'm thinking I need to be intimately involved with someone to kiss their shoulder and even if I'm liking this person from afar and dream of kissing this person's shoulder and figure it is safe to kiss this person's shoulder through a winter coat because they will never feel it and I'm the only one that will know about it...I'm thinking I wouldn't make the kissy noise! I'm still not entirely clear what happened that Friday the 13th between the Fish Tacos that ended with A Shoulder Kiss...

Well, back to today...April 10th! It is Good Friday. I finally made it through my last Friday of Lent without eating meat. I only have 53 mins left right now to make it all the way to the end and I think I can do it! It was a pretty uneventful Good Friday for me. It was opening day for our home baseball team! Who kicked ass today! Go Tigers!!!! I only worked 4 hours today and busted my ass at work today since I was off ill yesterday and really hadn't done much work all week. Monday will be my last catch up day for slacking and being sick this week. I'm okay with that, because unless something crazy happens (which is always a possibility there!) I can complete my catch-up before noon! I'm actually doing pretty good on my homework/reading this week and weekend so far. I have 3 chapters to read for AIL~P and then I need to finalize my case summaries and post those on-line. In Crim Sentencing I need to read the coursepack materials for this week and do a couple hypos. In Crim Pro I have 33 pages to read for this week and I want to work on 2 sets of questions Prof. W. provided weeks ago! I would like to work on tightening my notes up to become outlines for Crim Sentencing and Crim Pro. I have to type Wednesday's notes from Crim Pro too! Then comes BK! UGH...I am approximately 13 weeks behind in that class....I'm planning on devoting the remainder of my time this weekend and this coming week to BK. That is how I caught up on Crim Pro this past week, so we will see how that goes! Of course the munchkin will come home tomorrow night because of it being Easter Sunday and the Easter Bunny needing to visit before Sunday morning. So I'm losing an entire day of studying, but maybe I'll be able to work on my outlines while he is here...who knows. I'm trying to take it as it comes!

Alright...off to read some more AIL~P and go to bed since I have an early day tomorrow. The goal: get up at 6am, leave the house by 7am, do my shopping @ Wal-Marts & Meijers with a pit-stop to the Post Office all before I have to meet someone at 9:30am! Think it can be done? Because then after that the plan is, come home, put groceries away, take a nap, do some homework! Wish me luck!

I hope you had a wonderful Good Friday too!

1 comment:

  1. Fish tacos do exist although I only tasted one once in San Diego and although it wasn't bad, I am not a fan. I bet the place you went to had them as well. Still cheese enchiladas were probably best.

    By the way, I could see that whole scenario play out including the peacoat. Hilarioius!

    ReplyDelete