Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Need More

There are so many things I need more of...time, money, patience, hands and right now...drugs!  Not your illegal fun kind, or so they say, but more antibiotics.  Apparently one dose of antibiotics weren't enough.  :(  I finished my antibiotics on Saturday the 18th and on Monday the 20th I thought my allergies went wild.  Well, 2 days later...I'm thinking this is more than allergies going on.  I'm back to where I was 2 weeks ago today.  :(  Okay, not as bad, but I'm not letting it get to that point.  

I called in this morning and will be making a mad dash to the doctor's office today to get a 2nd dose of antibiotics, because I can't be this miserable when my first final exam is 6 days away.  YIKES!!!  

Last night I even skipped going grocery shopping, came straight home from work, ate dinner, and was in the bed an hour and a half later.  And thanks to Nyquil I was out like a light at 7:30pm.  Of course I was up at 10pm to go to the bathroom, and again at 3am and then the alarm went off at 5am.  For an hour I hit snooze hoping that an additional 9mins each time would make me well enough to go in to work today, but it didn't work.  Finally by 6am I made that dreaded decision and called in.  Then of course I had to check my work calendar and make sure there was only one emergency and sent an email about that to make sure it is taken care of first thing this morning.  

Now I'm waiting for mom to get here so she can get the munchkin off to school (I am so thankful that he has been saved from this crazy infection that both my aunt and I have been unable to shake for almost a month now...) while I go back to bed.  No sense in staying up since neither of my doctors are open till 10am.  

I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.  Hell, if I didn't know better I would say I was back to smoking because when I smoked I was sick and very susceptible to illness all of the time.  But I swear...I'm not smoking!!  The only time I do enjoy a cigarette is when I go up to see my man and since we all know that was like 3 months ago...I'm quite sure it isn't related.  Is it?!  I hope not, because 10 hours in a car one-way, alone, is a long time to drive without either falling asleep or having a smoke!  Nah....I'm thinking a weekend of smoking once every 3 months isn't making me feel like shit now! 

I hope everyone else is feeling okay, but with the record number of hackers (not the computer kind) and co-patients I always run in to...I'm thinking a lot of folks have this crappy upper respiratory thing and like me, are having one hell of a time to get rid of it.  :(  

No comments:

Post a Comment