Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Do I smell?

This was the question I posed to a co-worker, Pixie, today...now let me tell you why...

This afternoon I went downstairs to grab a grilled chicken plain greek salad and swung by the little store in our building for my next bottle of water. When I paid for the water the guy at the store says, "I also sell perfume and cologne if you are ever interested. Along with car chargers, home chargers, and pouches. Just let me know if you are interested, whenever. I can get it for you. So if you want some perfume and cologne, just get me your name and number and I can get you that." I said thanks and moved along since there was a customer behind me.

I proceeded to go upstairs, drop my salad and water at my desk, take the cup of nasty ass dressing I got with my salad into the kitchen, rinse it out and pour my fat-free yummy catalina dressing in the cup (this allows me to measure my dressing since the container equals a half of a cup) and walk over to Pixie to have this conversation:

j'lynn: I need to ask you two questions and I need you to be completely honest.
pixie: Okay.
j'lynn: Do I smell?
pixie: WHAT?
j'lynn: Seriously.
pixie: No! Absolutely not!
j'lynn: Do I look like I would smell?
pixie: Um, No!
j'lynn: Okay. Thanks.
pixie: What the hell is going on?

I relayed the whole story about the store guy and she says, "I think he was asking you for your number." I told her I would pass...I'm not into guys whose pinkie finger nail is longer than mine when I used to wear acrylics!

On a side note...2 more things have been moved to the accomplished list leaving just 8 items off the accomplished list (of course just days away from me generating a new to-do list!):

Accomplished: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 21, 22, 23, 24, 27, 28, 29, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, & 40
Started: 15
Still to do: 16, 17, 20, 25, 26, 30, & 31

2 comments:

  1. i was pointed to the maternity section when asking for a blazer to wear at work...

    yep. maternity. i aint pregnant assholes i'm fat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Blaez...I'm so sorry! That totally sucks! :( One time my aunt commented on our waitress' impending baby only later to discover that she was not pregnant! My aunt felt so horrible she said unless they are wearing a shirt saying "I'm pregnant" she'll never say another word to anyone again about being pregnant.

    ReplyDelete