Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Saturday, November 21, 2009

No Headbands Here

Realizing that some of my "Future Blog Posts..." have been on my list for some time, I thought I would check one of those off today, since I'm in the mood for checking things off lists! Plus I had a conversation about this very issue with my esthetician today while she was waxing me and giving me my facial.

I just cannot wear headbands and it sucks because I love headbands. I don't know why I cannot seem to wear them...I say it is because my head must be too fat, my LSBFF says it is because my hair is so fine and my esthetician weighed in on the matter today and said maybe it is because my head is too small or that my hair is so fine. LSBFF, you won this debate!

When I put them on they look so cute (the full headbands I'm referring to) and when I see others with them on they look so cute too. The idea of washing my hair and just picking it out and slapping a headband in it makes me so excited...especially on those days when I'm running uber late, but I have to wash my hair because I haven't done it in 3 days! But before I walk out the door in less than ten minutes the sucker is already sliding off of my head!

I've tried so many things to prevent this slippage...keeping the band over my ears instead of behind, putting product in my hair and touseling it a bit to give it more texture, and I've even attempted to actually style my hair by scrunching it and putting the headband in then...but nothing seems to work. It totally sucks! Even when I'm washing my face at night when I try to use a headband to hold all of my hair off my face the sucker slips right off within minutes! I've purchased several different kinds of headbands to see if maybe it was the headband and not my head! I have thick ones, skinny ones, loose ones, tight ones...I even have one that has designs on it that are sort of made out of a rubbery substance, which I thought for sure would latch onto my hair and prevent slipping...NOPE!

It is very frustrating and I spend my days envious of girls when I see them with their headbands on, looking all cute with their hair nicely kept out of their face for that "fresh" look, wishing that I could wear some of the 20 headbands I am now the proud owner of. But alas I have succumb to defeat and declared a "No Headbands Here" zone. Instead my mom leaves me notes saying, "borrowed a head band today, hope you don't mind." Why should I mind? It isn't like I'll be wearing it!!

Accomplished: 1*, 2, 3, 5, 6, 12, 13, 14, 15, 18***, & 19
Started: 8**
Untouched: 4, 7, 9**, 10**, 11, 16, 17, & 20

*~~I did the best I could with what I had, but I probably shouldn't have taken lunch with my co-worker, who just returned Thursday from her 2 month medical leave but since she hinted at it Thursday and I had already picked up my lunch I just felt bad saying "no" a second day in a row. I would have kicked more ass if my big boss wouldn't have scheduled a last minute 3:30pm meeting...but I did what I could and consider it accomplished!

**~~Technically I don't have any homework due this week in these 3 classes, but since I always have limited time and the assignments due the following week are HUGE my goal is to complete my MSJ in Litigation, begin my final project for Small Firms and prepare my oral argument for Pre-Trial and finish everything during my 4 day weekend for Turkey Day next weekend!

***~~Hmmm...sleeping in today until my guy called and woke me up at 12:27pm today (of course I didn't go to bed until after 2am last night) marks this one off my list! LOL I'm just glad that this didn't happen again. But of course, I feel like I could take a nap right this minute!

2 comments:

  1. I try to get a jump start on my homework for the week coming up. Sometimes I don't though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to my blog kristi!! :) I love seeing new faces around here and get very excited when I get comments too!! So thank you!!

    Yeah, I try that too, but I am such a procrastinator at heart it sucks! And I apparently move slow when I do homework too...such as life. I did get about 9 hours of research done this weekend for my MSJ...now I have to write the darn thing! LOL

    Good luck on your homework for this coming week!

    ReplyDelete