Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Am I as smart as they are or are they as dumb as I am?

I went downstairs today to get some water and a banana. I wasn't exactly ready to take my lunch, just yet, but I needed sustenance for the time being. As I entered the elevator I realize I am on the elevator with 4 attorneys from the big firm in my building. All graying, all seasoned individuals. As they continue speaking I realize they are discussing jurisdiction and service of process. They seemed to be grappling with the subject matter...I wanted to blurt out the answer because I knew it!!! :) I was so proud of myself. Of course then it lead me to ask the above question, "Am I as smart as they are or are they as dumb as I am?"

I like to believe that my $105,000+ education is starting to pay off! hehe

2 comments:

  1. Here's the thing...you are probably smarter than they are in these areas. Really. I find that the longer you are away from law school the more you forget everything you learn and just learn more about the area you are in. So, if you do not have to deal with jurisdiction much, you will forget the answers that much quicker. That, my friend, is my profound thought for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That my friend is a very good profound thought! :) I'll keep rereading your first line too!! "you are probably smarter than they are" Okay, a portion of that first line.

    ReplyDelete