Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Why I Hate DirectTV!

There are multiple reasons why of late I hate DirectTV:

  1. You can no longer keep a movie bought through PPV for as long as you want! It automatically deletes w/i 24 hours.
  2. My "reward" for being a faithful customer for 5+ years is Showtime free for 12 months. My mom's "reward" for being a faithful customer for 2 years was 24 coupons for free movies to be used in 12 months and my former neighbor's "reward" for being a faithful customer for 18 months was 18 coupons for free movies. Excuse me, where are my free coupons throughout the last 5+ years?
  3. Whenever I have a problem they send someone out who "fixes" my box, which is over five years old. When my mom had a problem, they gave her all new equipment...her equipment was less than 2 years old!
  4. Whenever I seem to want to watch something particular there is a "storm" somewhere that the satellite runs through and my picture is choppy the entire program. How many storms do we have? Apparently, in the last several weeks we have a storm every night...somewhere in the path of the satellites.
I have to add to this post as to why I hate my phone and the phone system my man has to call through. My man has called me twice today. The first time around 9:30am today my phone dropped the call! My phone never drops a call! Ugh.... The second time he called which was around noon today the system never released the call so I'm yelling into my phone "Hello?" and was never greeted with the lady saying, "This is a call from the MDOC..." Double Ugh... Guess Verizon & CBS are in the path of a storm too...now I just need DirectTV to get in that same path when I want to watch Drop Dead Gorgeous and ArmyWives tonight! Ugh...technology blows sometimes!

PS: Yes, I'm still up and still working on my "to-do" list. Laundry is done...now I just need to fold it and put it away! I've picked up the house, went through my bag and mail and am in the middle of getting my school stuff organized! I'm totally caught up on my TIVO backlog and am hopeful to get my papers filed, organize the munchkin's school stuff and put a meal plan together. Maybe I'll get my letter to my man done tonight too, along with my homework and then the rest I will accomplish tomorrow since it involves calling businesses! Yay me!!!!

2 comments:

  1. we had direct tv for a little while when i was a teen... daddy decided the "cheaper" price wasn't worth not being able to watch tv during cloudy weather or it going out during important times like when a tornado warning/watch is in affect... so we ended up back up with cable after our year contract was up. i've never gone back to satelite since!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is all a catch-22 in my book. It seems like the cable around me goes out more than my satellite does. Guess that is why I've had satellite off and on since 2000, more on than off! LOL

    I'll never forget...where we live offered what they called "Barney Vision" for like $14/month so when my man and I split up for good in 2004 I canceled DirectTV and went to Barney Vision. DirectTV offered me loads of stuff to stay with them, but I still went back to Barney Vision (which was a huge satellite dish in my park that everyone ran off from!). A month later Barney Vision was no longer offered and I was back with DirectTV...of course, with none of the perks they offered me to stay with them. Maybe that is why I get screwed with the "rewards"! There is probably a black mark next to my name! LOL

    ReplyDelete