Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Flu or the Pills?

Well August has started and it finds me behind already! Yikes!! My apologies for the lack of posts for this past week. I have a few things that I will discuss in future posts ("What do you need?"; "What bank? Oh...that one. Opps!"; "Hello? You aren't real."; and "That's not a party, that is their TV.") to make up the lack of posts. Of course I do not know when that will happen, but it will! ;)

Where was I all weekend you ask? Well, I was here...at home...sick. Friday night we went to dinner and then I came home to relax a bit. I knew I had a lot to accomplish this weekend, so I went to bed with the thought that I would sleep as late as I could after my crazy week (more on that later). I woke up at 10am, but decided to lay there for another hour. Finally at 11am I got up so I could shower and go and get my bloodwork done. Before I left for the lab I started feeling "off"...I made a trip to the restroom and then went on to the lab.

After I went to the lab, I decided to go to the pharmacy to pick up my durable medical equipment for my diabetes equipment. As I left there I knew I needed to race back home to the bathroom again. After coming home I decided to watch a movie that I purchased the night before (more about this later too!) until my 3:15pm pampering appointment. About 30 mins before, I left for my salon. Of course my girl was running really late, but I was okay with that. She did my facial and waxed my brows & lip. As soon as I left and entered my car I knew I had to come straight home again.

I spent the rest of Saturday at home even though I had a huge list of things to do. Thinking maybe the stress of the week finally got to me, I decided to go to bed early. I was in the bed before 10pm and spent the night wrapped in a blanket trying to get warm, but my head was on fire. Sunday morning I got up feeling just horrible. My entire body ached, especially my legs. I called my aunt to tell her I wouldn't be making the parade and cookout at her house that afternoon. She brought me some medicine and gatorade...

Thinking that I had licked this little stomach flu, much to my amazement that 2 days later I'm still having some issues. Now we are beginning to wonder...was it the flu or am I having a reaction to my diabetes medicine? So now tomorrow I need to deal with this. I'm totally bummed because I tested at 107 tonight and now I may be having some problems with my pills...ugh.

As I told my aunt...if it isn't one thing, I swear, it is another! :(

2 comments:

  1. Well that is crappy. I hope it was the flu and not the pills. That way you could stay on the medicine that is working and you would be feeling better in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is crappy. :( I'm off my pills for 3-4 days or until the symptoms stops, whichever happens last! Then I need to restart the pills and see if it happens again. Sounds very scientific and doctorly, doesn't it?! LOL

    By not taking my pills I feel like I'm cheating on my new lifestyle...of course I'm going to the fair on Friday too, so who knows where my numbers may end up without my pills and with my elephant ear & french fries! LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete