Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Flirting with my phone

Thursday night/Friday morning apparently someone texted me and I replied with only a blank response, which I'm assuming was in my rush to stop my phone from ringing. The person texted back but apparently I passed out again because I didn't notice it until my alarm went off. So in a fit of irritation at some stranger texting me twice at 1:36am I wanted to wake them up like they had done me, so at 6:30am I texted back, twice.

After a few texts back and forth I discovered it was some 26 year old single guy who thought I was in the booth behind him at the bar the night before. He had a bet with his buddy that the buddy couldn't get the girl's # and somehow my cell # was the number given. Nice.... Of course there was a ton of flirting that when back and forth in our over 100 texts between 8:30am and about 2pm.

I was up front with this guy and actually said from one of the first texts that I was married...I didn't want to explain the whole situation and just felt like that was the easiest way. Apparently that didn't slow him down at all...he went on about how this wasn't the last time we would talk and then when he figured I was done with lunch he inquired if he could be my dessert... YIKES!!

Needless to say, I didn't respond to that...I asked him how he knew I was done with lunch. Needless to say, the texts slowed significantly and then stopped. Nothing calms a man like refusing to respond whether or not he can be your dessert...

Now the icky part comes...me telling my man about this youngun' hitting on me! LOL Of course, the flirting wasn't technically with me...just my phone and phony words! Men....

2 comments:

  1. *phone rings about 5pm*
    me: hello?
    him: hey sexy lady, ready for our date tonight?
    me: who is this?
    him: the guy from last night, we met at the bar...
    me: you have the wrong number
    him: are you sure you just wasn't so drunk you don't remember?
    me: i'd have to be pretty drunk seeing as how i was in bed asleep with my fiance last night...
    him: why do they always give me fake numbers?
    me: because you're doing it all wrong?
    *click*

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMFAO!!!!!!!!! This was great!

    So I think this guy, who shall be called Pete, called me this morning under a restricted number and then wouldn't answer when I said hello. Are you f'g kidding me? My guess would be because I never rang him up again with another text after the last one Friday afternoon....sorry buddy...not my type!

    ReplyDelete