Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Going Back in Time...

Let me recap my trip for you...one day at a time! :) Let's go back to Friday. As you well know, I left my office at exactly at noon. I did my 10-15 minute "death march" to my car. Of course in the big park I have to walk along to get to my car garage another weekend festival was starting. This time it was the African Festival. I always love walking by watching these festivals and seeing all of the people that have made their way to our fair city to celebrate...

I made my way to my car and made my way out of the garage and then came to a complete and total stop for about another 5-10 minutes. What was the hold up? I started looking around. Then I start hearing something...drums. Just as my confusion peaked I saw what was delaying my trip to my man...a Jamaican Marching Band!! Well...you don't see that everyday...

Then I was on my way!! Only to notice that I had 100 miles to go before Empty (not East). Five hours later, one stop for gas and another stop for an Emergency Potty Break I was entering those walls. I have no idea how many times I've entered these same type of walls, but each time I am scared to death! I get the shakes, the sweats, and stomach cramps. There are very specific rules for visitors, but once I go through the next two sets of doors and I see my guy all of those nerves melt and then when we embrace and kiss they all come back for all sorts of different reasons...hehe

We spent the next 3.25 hours talking. It felt like we were only together about 35 minutes when time was called and we were able to embrace and kiss again and say a short good-bye until the next morning.

On to the hotel I go, which of course had to have problems that lasted all weekend. Every time I tried to enter my room I had to go back to the front desk and have the keys fixed to get in the room. Once I hauled everything in the room I looked around and saw something was missing...the frig and the microwave. I reported that to the front desk since I didn't want that coming up on the credit card! If I am springing for a frig and microwave, I want it new and a bit larger than a hotel set.

I made a trip to the local restaurant where I picked up a new nickname over the weekend, "The Diet Coke and Water Girl." After getting a quick dinner, I went back to the room, unpacked and got ready for bed. I was exhausted. I was asleep in minutes, dreamy, remembering those embraces and kisses we shared just hours earlier and excited to do it again the next day...

BTW, kudos to Sonics for carrying 3 different types of diet drinks! It just made me love Sonics even more!

5 comments:

  1. i hate to be nosey but, why is your man in prison?

    before my exhusband came into my life i dated a guy who went to prison. he friended some guys in there who had no one on the outside and i friended them and wrote to them as well. i still have all of thier letters. some of them are the greatest artists! all my envelopes had beautiful drawings.

    but that was like over 14 years ago. along time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blaez...my man has some very serious issues that he is working through. He was raised in a violet home and carried that violence and his family's problems with alcohol forward in to his life. In a drunken rage he relived something that he had been put through for almost 18 years at the hands of his family...

    He is where he deserves to be for the time being. He did the crime and he is doing his time, but as he says...it was the best thing (besides meeting me, of course!) that happened to him. He has been sober for 599 days now, attends weekly therapy, AA and church. He is taking classes and trying to face his demons so he can come out and be the man that I know he can be.

    He will never forget or forgive himself for what he has done and has lost everything because of his actions. He has hurt a lot of people and will never be able to make up for it to the people who were hurt the most. All he can do is ask for forgiveness, change his life and move forward.

    For a long time I was the only person who spoke to him and I'm the only one who visits him...He has spoken to two others (his mom and his brother) since he has been down, but that is few and far between. We are hopeful that he will be released on his ERD, which is 16 months and 3 days from today... He remains positive that he will and I'm sure he won't max out, which is 12 years, 16 months and 3 days away. So now we just wait and I visit when I can. :)

    Unless someone has been in touch with someone on the inside, they don't understand how many good people remain behind those walls. :) Don't get me wrong...there are some really bad people in there too, but I think so many times, so many guys (& gals) didn't have a chance because of the situations they came from. You are what you are raised...

    And I often think of how many of these folks are totally alone while they are behind those walls and it saddens me...everyone deserves someone...no matter what they have done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay...now I better get an award for the longest comment left on my blog that doesn't even directly answer the question posed! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. DCM (the exboyfriend) was raised in a violent and abusive home. By the time his mom got him and his little brother out of the situation it was too late.

    I didn't know his history when we met and stayed by his side after he got into trouble 1 too many times.

    He ended our relationship he says he loved me too much to let me be a jailbird's wife and I deserved better. I love him to this day for that. I wanted to save him from himself but he saved me from him and his world instead.

    I can't proof read this thing on my blackberry. Hope this makes sense!

    I am proud of you for staying by your man. Not many women would.

    Thanks, btw, for coming by my blog too :) its been a hard road but I hope this chapter of my life will be closing soon and I can live a life of no pain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even with all of the demons, DCM sounds like he really cared for you.

    Thank you. The crazy thing for us is that jail/prison is what brought us back together.

    I hope you will be pain free soon too! That would be really hard...I am such a baby that I would be complaining 24/7.

    You go girl! :)

    ReplyDelete