Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Thursday, August 27, 2009

One down, fourteen to go

Weeks that is! I'm so happy to have had made it through the first week of classes. I think this is one of the worst weeks ever in school. So much stress, so many unknowns, so many risks, so much anxiety...you experience this the first week and those last two weeks (finals). But you keep going to get from that first week to that last. One week at a time...

I have determined that it is going to be a lot of work this semester. I'm pretty used to reading a lot during the semester and then cramming during finals. This time it is going to be a lot less reading, a lot more drafting of pleadings and discovery documents, and presentations during the semester and only one final to cram for! But I discovered something today...these 3 classes (LFP-Small Firms; LFP-Litigation & Pre-trial Litigation) with all that I will be doing will be super great experience for me! I'm so glad that I'm taking these classes before I do a clinic and certainly before I graduate and start practicing!!

Now don't think I won't be bitching ALOT over these classes and the work I have to do, but know that I will remember that at some point I was happy I opted to take these classes and I will be happy again that I've taken them, but that probably won't happen again for another 14+ weeks!

2 comments:

  1. I think you will be more prepared for those classes given your experience than you realized. Then, when you graduate? Watch out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks D!! I just wish the last 11 years (my god, I am old!! LOL) in my current position would have been in litigation...then I would feel more prepared!

    But only if I can find a job....hehehe

    ReplyDelete