Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Thursday, August 6, 2009

It is all interrelated

As I was leaving the office today my cell phone rings as I walk my 3 blocks to the "hole" (a/k/a our current parking lot). It was my PCP's office. The new girl asked me for my pharmacy number because doc wanted to call in a script. I asked her what the script was, what it was for and why he wanted to call it in. She provided me the name of the drug, said it was for high-blood pressure and that it was because of my urinalysis.

None of this added up, because when I was just at the doc's he said my blood pressure was good. So why would he call a medication in for high-blood pressure? And furthermore, CG said my test results were good. So WTH? On top of all of that...the particular test he sent me for was related to my diabetes and was to evaluate my kidneys not my blood pressure. Of course the new girl couldn't answer any of my questions. Her only response was, "Everything is interrelated." So I decided to come home and look things up on-line. This is not always a smart thing for medical situations.

About 30 mins in to my looking up online I was totally freaked! I did my best to keep it under control...but no one was fooled. There is another trip to the doctor's in my near future...

The topper to my whole day was when I did open my mail and the back dated prior authorization that my doc's office secured for me in relation to my $738 bill was incorrectly dated. So much for solving that problem! Ugh...

2 comments:

  1. Please keep me posted on this! You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...it is all okay, for now. I'll update everyone when I come home next week. But thank you so much. :) I was in a panic and ended up crying that night and that upset the munchkin. I'm doing much better now...

    ReplyDelete