Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Nutritionist

Tonight was my appointment with the diabetic nutritionist. It went well. She continually told me to pat myself on the back for the changes I've made thus far. She thinks I've done a wonderful job by making some major changes in my life since my diagnosis on July 2nd. She gave me additional ideas as to how to tweek what I'm doing now and then as those things become closer to second nature to do more and more.

Of course I became emotional during our meeting. It is like I cannot talk about my situation on a deeper level without becoming emotional. I never really thought about it until tonight, but I just cannot keep it together. I cried with the diabetic nurse, with my doctor as recently as Saturday, several times discussing this with my aunt and my man, and now tonight. Maybe it is because I never saw this coming or maybe because I feel like a failure that I allowed this to happen. And combine that with the fact that I am pretty scared with what seems to be happening with me and my body.

I am proud of myself for the changes that I've made and I remember that each day. It helps to get me through the next day to continue to make those changes and attempt to make more and more each day. And every day I am amazed at the struggles we all overcome and mine remains my diagnosis. But to all of those out there dealing with struggles...please remember to pat yourself on your back today. I know I will remember to do it again tomorrow.

Hugs to all my friends who struggle everyday...

2 comments:

  1. You should be proud! You have accomplished a lot in short period of time. I am sure it is very hard. I cannot even imagine actually. So keep being proud and keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dani. I am proud of myself...but as always, I just wish it would go quicker, ya know?!? It is so much harder then I ever would have imagined. But as they say...if it is worth it, it isn't going to be easy, right?

    ReplyDelete