Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Ice Cream is being served and it isn't even 10am

As you all know, I love me some hump day, but when the first email came out this morning at work reminding us that today is "Vision & Values Day" and then the third email saying, "Ice Cream is being served" I instantly became sad. I used to love these days...filled with Ice Cream Snickers Bars, Dove Ice Cream Bars, Drumsticks, Ice Cream Sandwiches. All of which are totally delicious and since the kitchen containing these treats is less than 10 feet from my office, it was always easy to sneak in for seconds or thirds or whatever...

Today was the first one since being diagnosed, so I was sad and fearful. I knew if I just stayed out of there I would be okay. Plus I had packed myself a lunch box filled with snacks today...banana, apple with peanut butter, carrotts with ranch (lite) dressing, sugar-free pudding, nacho chips, and grapes. But I had not packed enough ice for my water to last a total of 9 hours! So I decided to go in for ice and kept saying to myself (in my head, of course!), "You can do this. Just don't think about it. Think about you and your health. You can do this. Just don't look at them. In and out, in and out!" I entered the kitchen and saw all of the empty boxes stacked up, which included all of my old favorites, so I just repeated my manta until I saw it...PhillySwirl Sugar Free Sticks!!!!!! Vanilla creme swirled with orange, cherry or rasberry. Then I wondered how they would taste and what the carbs were in them. I began to investigate: 14 calories, 0 fat, 4 total carbohydrates with no sugars. So I grabbed one, raced back to my office 10 feet away and opened it up...IT WAS DELCIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad I needed ice and found this wonderful treat. It has been added to my shopping list too. I would like to say I am patting myself on my back, but I won't do that until our freezer is empty again, because I still remain only 10 steps away from that Dove Ice Cream bar...

4 comments:

  1. hi! thanks for stopping by my blog!! i'll definatly have to keep up with yours too :)

    i love those icepops too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I am totally going to have to try those now. Zero fat is right up my alley. Or it should be :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Blaez...welcome to my blog! I'm so happy to have you here! I hope you enjoy it even a fraction of how much I enjoy yours! :)

    Aren't they delicious?! Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dani...they are wonderful. Thank goodness there were still some in the freezer today when I almost broke down and grabbed that damn Dove bar. Why are those so tasty too?! Dang it...struggles continue, but I just have to make it thru 4 hours tomorrow and then as you well know...most of that stuff will be gone when I return to work on Tuesday! LOL

    ReplyDelete