Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Motivation

is such a problem for me. Especially when it comes to homework...ugh.

Now that I'm back in school my weekends become focused around my homework. Or at least they are suppose to be! My aunt (the most wonderful person in the world!) takes my munchkin usually from Friday night through Sunday night so I can focus on all of my homework. So then it is usually just me at home. Most times we will have dinner together Friday night so I can spend a little time with the munchkin and then they go to her house for the weekend.

This weekend was a little different since munchkin has been with her at my mom's since Thursday before I came home from work. The original plan in my head was that he would be with her Thursday through Saturday late afternoon, then with me while she attended a family friend's wedding (which I opted out of for various reasons) and she would get him again Sunday morning or late Saturday night, whichever worked out best. Then my aunt said she would just take him with her to the wedding, which I was okay with. Of course the weekend plan started to unravel when I was began having computer issues.

We decided that Saturday morning the three of us would venture all the way up to the Apple Store (about an hour away) and then do a nice lunch and pay the new swingset off so they can deliver it next weekend. We would return home and they would leave and I would have the remainder of my weekend to myself for homework. We had to move early to get in to the apple store as soon as they opened because I couldn't secure an appointment with their genius bar.

We were scheduled to leave my house at 8:30am, but since I had stayed up until 2am writing my man (18 down, 4 to go!) I got up 40 mins late and we left about 20 mins late. Of course the swingset place wasn't open when we stopped in, so that was moved to the back of the list! Off to the Apple Store we go!! We walk in about 6 mins before they open and I had to fight to get seen. Of course my worry was that I wouldn't be able to be seen, I would have to drop off my computer and/or come back another weekend. After demanding a "loaner" when I was told my only options were to come back on Monday (yeah right...are you open after 11pm Mr. Apple Store Worker because that is when I could pencil YOU in on my Monday!) or leave it for someone to look at in 72 hours I was miraculously fit in within 10 mins. Funny how that works! Of course I didn't tell Mr. Apple Store Worker that my aunt and I were already prepared in case I had to buy a new computer! hehe

One new (and free) battery later (thank you Extended Apple Care Protection Plan!!), some air to the keyboard and a replaced plastic spring under my #4 key I was done and still the owner of a single macbook! Of course I was sucked in to spending some extra money in there...a portable hard drive to back my computer up on (this was too close of a scary call in my book plus it isn't like my car and computer are immune to being stolen); more icleaner to wipe off munchkin's finger prints from my shine computer parts; and the new Mac OS X Snow Leopard operating system. So a little over an hour later, we were off to my favorite Italian restaurant in close proximity to the Apple Store! I of course enjoyed sharing my chocolate zuccotto cake with my aunt again...yummy, yummy, yummy! Then back to pay off the swingset and finally arriving back home around 2:30pm.

They left and I decided to load my new operating software...well, 3.5 hours later after loading it, backing up my computer and discovering that the system does not have any drives for my particular printer and I had to reload the drives for the prior system, which was going to take another 2 hours according to the clock of this download I opted to take a nap. Kind of hoping that I would have a repeat of last Saturday night, I laid down at 6pm. This time I only slept for 1.5 hours and then I was awake. I came out, checked my download and spent another hour getting that bug worked out of my computer! The entire time knowing I have a shit load of homework to do, but not being motivated to do it!

Since I had received an email earlier in the afternoon that my student loan check had been processed and put in the mail on Thursday or Friday, I opted to run out for some dinner and a mail run around 10pm. I had to go to the bank anyways to pay Chica for watching the munchkin for the last week of his summer, so it was a win-win! Of course my check wasn't there, but it was okay. Then I came home, ate, watched the local news, and then decided to finally do a little homework! Don't you just love the fact that I opted to start homework around 11pm?! LOL

After totally finishing my Pre-trial Lit homework, I started on my PR reading around 2:30am. Since Chapter 1 should have been completed a week ago and it is filled with philosophy after 30 mins I was out like a light! Hopefully the last 7 pages in Chapter 1 don't put me to sleep like a baby again this morning!! Why can't I get motivated earlier and much easier?!? Ugh...

Alright...since my man called and woke me up about an hour ago and I've started a load of laundry plus bored you all with my update I'm off to take a nap...er...I mean read the rest of Chapter 1, then on to Chapter 2, and Chapter 3....and so on and so on....

2 comments:

  1. i never had motivation to do homework.

    and i don't think i'd ever own a mac or anything apple. i like my pc...

    "i'm a stay at home on medical leave person and i'm a pc".............

    ya, i'm hearin crickets too... lame joke :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Blaez!!! I only have a mac b/c I thought it was "cool" and now I love it! I don't know if I would ever go back to a PC!

    This week I wish I was a stay at home on medical leave person just so I could get all of my homework done!

    ReplyDelete