Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Hello? You aren't real.

My doctor's office has a new system that allows you to call in and with a pin number access your test results. I've had several tests since this system was installed, but until today I have not been able to access any of my test results. The instructions advise to wait 3-5 days before attempting to get your test results but each time in the past I would call after 5 days and was advised, "Your test results are not available."

I went to the lab on Saturday and with so many failed attempts at using the new system I had not even thought about calling to check on my results. Yesterday my cell phone rang and the following conversation took place:

j'lynn: Hello?
CG: Hello.
j'lynn: Yes?
CG: Your test results are available.
j'lynn: Wow! Thanks.
CG: Please call 734-tes-tsin and enter your PIN. Thank you for using the new system. Again, your test results are available...
j'lynn: OMG...You aren't real!

Laughing hysterically when I realized I was having a conversation with a computer. But all is good, because CG (Computer Girl) lead me to find out that my test results were all normal! :)

3 comments:

  1. I hate when that happens. Computers are sounding so realistic these days. Freaks me out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they are! Damn computers...didn't we worry 10-20 years ago about them taking over. Hopefully the time has not come! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. its happened to me a few times before as well. it freaks me out badly!

    ReplyDelete