Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Monday, August 10, 2009

Just one more thing

That appeared to my mantra at work today!

I worked 10 hours today so I was very glad that I took lunch with my co-worker and had my delicious Turkey & Bacon wrap. This wouldn't have happened if I wouldn't have opened my inter-office mail this afternoon and found 6+ new files. Then the kicker came when I had to turn in my mid-year numbers to my boss and we were both shocked that I had handled almost 200 files in the last 7.5 months. Of course I'm sure that I will top 350 before the end of the year. Watch out PIPs...I expect great marks at the end of the year! And as I got ready to leave at 7pm, I emailed my co-worker and said I predict that I'm going to need another lunch tomorrow! ;)

I was also so proud of myself because I am a very picky eater, which is probably hard for people to understand when they see me or hear how much I weigh, but I am very picky. Of course my picky eating is always for the wrong stuff. For example, the fruits that I like are bananas, apples and grapes. I do not really broaden my horizons when it comes to stuff like that, but between breakfast and lunch I was hungry, so I went downstairs to our little cafe and I opted for a banana and a fruit bowl, which had 2 different kinds of melon in it, strawberries, pineapple pieces and grapes. I originally thought that I would just eat the grapes, but I forced myself to eat all of it and I was proud of myself! More steps like this the better my life becomes. Baby steps...

All of my new meds seem to be working well, so I'm happy with that! The munchkin is feeling better too. It appears that we are both on the long road to recovery.

I find it funny (not ha-ha funny, but ironic funny) because Mother's Day weekend at the Lady of Hog's Ladies Night I saw a tarot card reader who told me that I was going to have a rough year through September with my health, but that on the other side of that I would come out better than I started. I thought it was crazy then, but as I get closer to September I think of her often and pray she was right about the other side of September! Everything else she said...I hope to God she was wrong, because I will be sad...but as always, I will survive!

Sweet dreams to everyone out there as I close the book on another longest day of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment