Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Saturday, August 8, 2009

You Are So Not Mr. Rodgers!

This year the munchkin is going to a new school. A charter school, which requires uniforms. Luckily someone told me the place to go for his uniforms was Old Navy! And since we no longer have one in our town, we had to make school clothes shopping a whole day experience. So after I went to the doc's to check in on my issues that I was currently freaking out about, and then talking to my man, which made me deliriously happy, off we went, in the rain, to the nearest Old Navy to do some shopping!

We found perfect pants and shirts for the munchkin, including 2 pairs of shorts and long arm shirts! $300+ later, we were off to the nearest Stride Rite store, because our local Stride Rite store, owned by Mr. Rodgers, closed too. What is going on in this town with the closings? Even our most famous nicest restaurants have closed. Obviously we are really being affected by the economic crisis in my home town. So we went to one of the malls that when I was a kid was the place to be with its 3 floors, glass elevators, etc. We entered the new Stride Rite store and the guy was a total ass! He was rude, smart-mouthed and a condescending jerk. I suspect that he thought we couldn't afford to buy shoes there. Well, 4 pairs of shoes, one belt and one place phone later, we left. As we entered one of the class elevators and I said, "Oh, we so will not be back to that asshole's store." Alfredo said, "Excuse me. Here is your card for your 7th pair at half off." I sweetly said, "Thank you" and watched the doors close between us.

My aunt, munchkin and I all agreed, that he was so not Mr. Rodgers! We miss you Mr. Rodgers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment