Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Friday, August 21, 2009

One Long Week...

Ever since I returned on Monday, it has been a long week. I've gotten very little sleep and am just totally exhausted. I feel like I'm being pulled in a hundred different directions. My summer technically ends this weekend because I have homework to do already (thank you law professors!) and class starts Monday.

I tend to be pretty anal and try to remain organized, but this whole summer has been total chaos for me. I haven't organized anything...I'm not ready for classes to start or anything. Hell, I don't even think I've completed a batch of laundry in a week yet this summer! Now I have several things that have piled up that I need to deal with and the worst part is that I don't have a motivation or desire to get them all done!

Here are some of the things I need to accomplish this weekend (and Monday):
  • Oil change
  • Get my hair did (highlights and a cut)
  • Buy a new play set for the munchkin
  • Get my nails repainted (they are starting to chip from 9 days ago and I want them to match my still beautiful toes for the first week of classes!)
  • Facial
  • Waxing (my unibrow & hairy lip)
  • Grocery shopping
  • Picking up the house
  • Doing laundry
  • Getting my school stuff organized
  • Getting the munchkin in the after school program
  • Organize munchkin's school stuff
  • Go thru my bag of papers/mail because I've been collecting it for almost 2 weeks without going through it
  • File all of my papers, which I've neglected since December!
  • Put a meal plan together...what I'll eat and when since I'll be gone from the house from 7am thru 11pm several days a week
  • Call my doctor's office about that damn bill that I keep getting and my outstanding requests for referrals
  • Call my park management (again) about the abandoned property next to me and the window the hooligans opened and crawl through to destroy the home...and my leaking mailbox (ugh!)
  • Catch up on my TIVO backlog
  • Write my man since I'm about 7 letters/envelopes behind (YIKES! Sorry baby!)
  • Get some sleep
  • and just basically GET MY SHIT TOGETHER!
Oh yeah...and I need to buy our tickets to the state fair too! I'm tired just looking at this partial "to do" list. Now I'm going to have a bowl of ice cream to help deal with this list! Yes, I know it won't really "help" but I'll feel better and since it is no-sugar-added (i.e. as sugar free as it is gonna get!) I'm still okay with my numbers!

Have a great weekend y'all!

4 comments:

  1. wow that's an insane amount of stuff to be done!

    and as you can see, i'm up at 4:45 am...no, i didnt' wake up early, i couldn't fall asleep... this is becoming a bad habit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! Not being able to fall asleep sux! I'm a night-owl myself, but I've picked the wrong career not to get up in the morning. LOL I hope you are able to start falling asleep in a more normal fashion soon!

    BTW, right after I posted this blog entry I added like 10 more things to do! Ugh...it never seems to stop, does it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was able to sleep last night! i fell right to sleep and didn't even wake up in the middle of the night i have been... very odd.

    i love'd working the graveyard shift. i'm a naturally night loving person. my friends use to tease that i was/am a vampire because the sun burns me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you were able to sleep last night. :) I usually get myself off now that I'm back in school....it sux!

    ReplyDelete