Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Panic Attack?

So tonight (Wednesday night...sorry, this will post as Thursday, so I wanted to clarify!) I had to go to my LFP-Small Firms class. After the whole Monday night incident I have been petrified about this damn class. It was so bad that when I got to school @ 4:45pm today I sat in my car checking my blood sugar. I was shaky, felt horrible, was sweating, and had a racing heartbeat. I thought maybe my numbers were crashing...um, no. I was having a wee bit of a panic attack about my 8pm class! YIKES!

I raced inside, read some stuff I printed out and wrote 2 pages of notes before my 6pm class to help get prepared for my 8pm class! I even sent my LSBFF a frantic text at some point telling her I thought I was going to have a panic attack.

Class started at 8pm and MyMormonGirl and I looked at one another and both agreed that Prof. L looked mean. At some point my panic attack shifted and worked for me instead of against me. I raised my hand to contribute more in this one fear-filled class than I have in the last 3 years combined! I rocked this fucker!!!!!!!!! To the point that after class Prof. L asked me where I worked and how long I've been a paralegal and when I told him where I worked and that I've been a paralegal since 1998 he said, "That explains it. We've got us a ringer!" Holy shit!!!!

I'm loving on Prof. L right now! Even though he gave us an extra assignment (to write a Legal Memorandum) for the week!

Yes, I rock!!! LOL

6 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I am having some anxiety myself today, but mixed with some excitement, too. I start up a new class tonight. I went back to school this semester after graduating college almost 13 years ago. Congrats on your bravery to speak up, I hope I can find some courage to contribute as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie~~Thanks for stopping by my blog & Welcome!!! :) You go girl! Wow...I am so impressed! You rock! I have a feeling that you rocked your new class tonight too! I cannot wait to hear all about it! :) I'll be thinking of ya! Good luck!! And remember...you can do anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you go girl!! what a great way to turn around the energy from negative to positive!! i knew you could do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rock! But you knew I would say that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Dani!!! Yes, I did know you would say that! LOL

    ReplyDelete