Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Just Another Saturday Night

As my recap continues let's step back to Saturday...

I set my alarm for 6:30am, because there is a lot I have to get done before I set off for my visit! Of course I didn't get up until after 7am, but that just makes it a normal morning for me. I got ready and left the room. I had to stop to the gas station and then on to the restaurant for a wonderful omelet! Thank goodness your food is there in a flash because by the time I sat down I only had 25 mins to eat and hit the road.

I try and leave no later than 9:10am to make it there by 9:30am. You cannot sign in for a visit before 9:30am, but you want to be there first so you get called first, processed first, called back to the visiting room first and get first choice of seats! I was so happy to walk in and realize that I was the first one there for visits!! I was processed and then about 20 minutes later I was called back to see my man. :)

We knew it was going to be a hot one so we opted for a seat by a fan. We spent the next several hours holding hands and talking. Then in the mid afternoon we began playing Uno! When I first thought of spending 10 hours in a prison visiting room when he was sent to this latest facility I couldn't imagine how we would make it and what we would do for that entire time. What all would we talk about since we talk almost daily for the allotted 15 mins and still write letters to one another all the time. But this is the second weekend I've visited and each time those 10 hours fly by!

Before either of us realize it, it is already after 7pm...we know we have less than an hour to go and that is when the sadness begins. Yes, we have another 10 hours together on Sunday, but you know that is it so the sadness starts on Saturday...

Once the CO (Correctional Officer) calls time, we pick up our table, get our papers and his ID and start to say good-bye for the night. The kiss and embrace is what you wait for all day and when it happens it is always amazing! Once we start, we don't want to stop, but after we both moan into the kiss we know for both of our sakes, we must. We say good-bye for the night and I walk back through those doors and leave my man with a smile and blowing him a kiss until the next morning.

I walk to my car quickly and head back to town and hit the restaurant again. I have dinner and then head back to the room. I am completely exhausted every Saturday night when I visit because of sitting for 10 hours combined with the level of emotions that we go through during our visits. But I cannot sleep so I start reading a book and finally drift off to sleep sometime after 1am...half excited for the next day's visit, but also half not wanting it to come because I know this is it for another 2-3 months.

It was so hot Saturday when we had our one (and only) bathroom break both my new panties and new jeans (a size smaller then what I have been wearing!) were damp. You are stuck in this room that seats 80 people that only has 3 house fans and 4 doors open. They rarely open the windows. The suspicion is because they want you to leave quickly, so they make it miserable for us. I find it ironic that us 80 people have 3 little fans and the 1 CO has 2! What MDOC has not figured out is that we are determined and aren't going anywhere!

Unlike the visiting room at the prior place, this one gets packed! I would estimate that each time I visit there is an average of 65 people in the room.

4 comments:

  1. do they allow conjugal (sex) visits (is that how you spell it?)? i know in movies they allow it and sometimes art imitates life... *shrug* i know that the place DCM was didn't allow conjugal visits... We lied and said I was his sister so i could visit!! blew that cover when he french kissed me good-bye. but the prison folks knew i wasn't his sister! he had only 1 brother, lol... just goes to show that in arkanas they really didn't care!

    and WOW, 10 hours?! we got 1 hour on sunday and that was it. stupid arkansas jails. but i guess it probably depends on which one you are at. when he got transfered to a different one further away i couldn't visit anymore and it was all letters and phone calls. thankfully they let me send him calling cards so he wasn't calling collect. that was expensive!

    i have no idea why i'm telling you this. i know that you know that you are well aware that you are not alone when it comes to having someone you love incarcerated and hell, for me it was about 15 years ago! i've been married and divorced since then and working on putting together my 2nd wedding.

    i guess it doesn't matter does it? just tell me to hush anytime you want to, its most likely the pain killers they got me on, i just ramble and ramble and for some reason i can't sleep tonight and normally i'm out when my head hits the pillow.

    hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No conjugal visits (damn it!), because I would so marry him again just for that! LOL There are some states that allow conjugal visits (TX, NY, Cali?) but not my state. :( Hell, we got in trouble for our knees touching Sunday. LOL When we filled out the visiting paperwork we put down "ex-wife" and they crossed that off and marked it friends. I'm sure people wonder since we have the same last name. LOL LOL@Arkansas not caring! That is so funny b/c my man's family is from Alabama!

    When he was in county we only got 20 mins every Saturday and Sunday through glass and a phone. After he went to prison the first place we visited we could visit up to 10 hours on odd # days each weekend, but if you got there in the beginning your visit would be terminated because there were so many guys in there getting visits. The next place was only 5 hours each day I was there to visit, which was kind of nice, but they were super strict there! Now we do the 10 hours each Saturday & Sunday I'm there and then whatever week days I'm there (usually Friday) we can visit up to 5 hours.

    We cannot send calling cards, but I set up prepay and now we only pay $1.91/15 min calls...compared to $8.30/15 min calls in the beginning!

    Thank you for sharing your stories with me. I like it! :) Congrats on the second wedding....is your DCM still down? No need to ever hush! :) Bring on the pain killers I say...with my shoulders and neck all cramped up I'm about to take some myself. LOL I hope you can sleep better tonight! Sweet dreams!

    Hugs my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. last I had talked to DCM he was out of prison (this was 2003) and living with his mom and her boyfriend. he was on house confinement for the duration of his parole, he had 5 years left on it and had been out for about 2 years. he had a 2 block radius he could walk from the house to go to the store, etc but that was it. he didn't have to worry about working because he was on disability from an accident after he was released.

    It was strange how we met up again, I went to Sonic to grab me and the boys (long story on the boys) some lunch and low and behold there is DCM's mom working!! She told me about how he got out early for good behavior and he couldn't stop talking about me and he was on parole but he had an accident, he got hit by a truck and almost died. that was just a few weeks after he'd gotten out of prison, he was playing football in the street with the neighbor kids. he was always a real nice guy!! just bad circumstances...

    he lived a few blocks away from me (how strange is that! we lived there for 6 months and i never knew he was so close to me!!) and we tried to be friends and he confessed that he couldn't be just friends with me and he'd never try and break apart my marriage and ruin my life. so we broke off our friendship and i havn't seen or heard from him since then.

    We had a really steamy hot nasty good-bye kiss that if my exhusband ever found out about he would have killed me!! If it wasn't for the boys I am pretty sure I would have left the ex and would have tried to start something with DCM because i still love(d) him so much but I know there could never be a relationship there... we are 2 different worlds like Romeo and Juliette... I still have a picture of him tucked away in a private place I look at from time to time, mostly on his birthday. He was always my dark (not race but as in "bad") prince and he lookes like one in that picture. he's got his long dark hair and his black tight tshirt and raveled blue jeans...

    Its funny how I can think of him and picture his face so perfectly but I try to think of like... say my bestfriend I left behind in Arkansas and I come up with a blank!

    Hugs to you too, I cried myself to sleep last night, but that's a WHOLE other story!! I hope tonight is better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool that you did meet up with him again. I hate always wondering what happened to someone! And the fact that you kept his bad boy picture is too cute!! Obviously he made an impression on you that you can still picture his face that way!! ;) OMG...those hot steamy, nasty kisses with the bad boys are always the best! hehe

    I'm so sorry you cried yourself to sleep last night. :( I hope your night tonight is much betters. Hugs girl!

    ReplyDelete