Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Sunday, June 27, 2010

I Will Not Be Deterred From Trying To Live Healthy!!

Yesterday I snuck on the scale while rushing around to get out of the house and I was down almost 2lbs. This morning...up! This is why I could never ever weigh myself every single day. I would drive myself mad!! The explanations I have for this change in the scale in about 24 hours is: I'm still waiting for MotherNature to arrive (apparently my current norm is every 5-6 weeks instead of every 4!); I ate dinner super late (9:30pm) and had some pretty heavy stuff (spaghetti sauce & garlic bread) and went to bed 2 hours later! There is no way a single w/cheese and a hand-full of onion rings @ Johnny Rocket's, a pack of animal crackers, and my dinner exceeded thousands of calories in one day. The only other thing I had all day was water, diet coke w/lunch and a diet rootbeer later in the afternoon. It is impossible, right?! I have been feeling a little "stopped up" the past couple of days too, so that may be an additional explanation as well.

I refuse to let this little spike deter me from what I feel was a pretty good week for me! I mean it wasn't perfect, but I'm not perfect! I hate fairly healthy this week and didn't eat out too much! Yes, I did eat a lot of salads this week, which were purchased from the greasy spoon in my building, but that consisted of lettuce, chicken breast, feta cheese, a pita, and my fat-free catalina dressing, which I do measure!! I only picked up sausage from burger king for breakfast one day this week, Friday, and had nothing with it! I did not have a single candy bar all week and stayed away from the sugar as well! The fam went out to eat twice this week...dinner on Thursday where I was uber proud of myself and JR's yesterday! In addition to all of that eating out (which apparently was more than I thought, Ha!) I only had my turkey, bacon wrap on Friday for lunch and taco bell for dinner Friday night. Since I don't consider my salads eating out, because my ham for my sandwiches went bad earlier this week I really didn't do that bad. Did I???

Well, I cannot obviously change it and I can't go with yesterday's weigh in because it didn't really count, so here it is...Today's Stats:

Starting weight (7/8/09): 363lbs
Current weight: 322.2lbs
This week's results: +0.2lbs
Total weight lost: -40.8lbs

I feel like the last several days I've been in a pretty good mental space and for me that is over half the battle. I feel like I can conquer so many of the things I have going on in life! So I vow to have another good week this week and we shall wait and see what next week brings me! How are you doing with your goals of healthy living?

Consider it done: 1, 2, 4, 5, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
Just getting started: 3, 6, 7, 22, 23
Needs attention: 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

No comments:

Post a Comment