Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Sunday, June 13, 2010

So Didn't See This Coming...

This is no explanation for this. I felt fat all weekend, especially Friday! I consumed a crazy amount of ice cream this week. I only got to the gym once. I failed more than I succeeded yet here are Today's stats:

Starting weight (7/8/09): 363lbs
Current weight: 319.6
This week's results: -4.4lbs
Total weight lost: -43.4lbs

While catching up on my hundreds of emails (okay, 78) this morning and afternoon I read the following things and am going to try and remember them as I begin this week...

Don't waste your willpower.

A recent study published in Psychology & Health suggests that people have a finite amount of self-control, and that it can run dry, just like a bank account. To keep from depleting your source of inner strength during this first week, avoid situations that present temptations. Plan to have dinner at home instead of at restaurants; don't walk by the doughnut shop on your way to work. And squeeze in a workout first thing in the morning, before your motivation runs out.


Make the world your ally.

In Norcross's research on dieters trying to keep New Year's resolutions, those who took their promises public fared best. No need to wait until your next dinner party; spill the beans ASAP by starting a blog. The pressure will keep you on track: "If you cheat on your diet or stop exercising, you let down your readers as well as yourself," Norcross points out.


Believe in yourself.

Borrow a page from a kids' book and chant, "I think I can!" when your willpower reserves run low. Sounds cheesy, but it can make the difference between powering to the top of the hill on your a.m. run and wimping out. Newbie exercisers who strongly believed in their ability to succeed were most likely to still be exercising one year later, according to research from Miriam Hospital in Providence. So leave your no-can-do attitude in the dust and hit the road to a better body for life.


Consider it done: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10, 15, 16, 26, 27, 28, 29, 34
Just getting started: 11, 23, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40
Needs attention: 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 24, 25, 30, 31, 32, 33

2 comments:

  1. wow! Congrats! Great tips and advice too. I sure could use some lately. My diet went out the window while on vacation. Baby steps though. I packed my gym bag today to workout after work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debbie! Of course I now fear that I've gained all of this back this week plus some! Ugh... It is such a struggle for me. But I really need to get back to it. I know I felt better, was healthier and I really need (and more importantly want) to lose more weight. Why can't it just be easier, damnit!! LOL I wish you luck on getting back in the grove of it all too!

    ReplyDelete