Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Thanks For Not Showing Any Excitement

This morning I was trying to continue to come to terms with yesterday's confirmation. I made it to work, but didn't get much accomplished...moving slow seems to be my mantra here of late. I know I'll need to step it up in the coming days.

I left work @ 1pm for my yearly VJJ check up. I was so excited to show Dr. G that I've lost over 40lbs and gotten my HBP under control in order to go back on BCPs. I get there 20 mins early figuring I would have updating paperwork to complete. Of course I have to pee by the time I got there and didn't go before in case they needed/wanted a sample for whatever reason. Of course he doesn't staff his office until my appointment time. Go figure! Unable to wait 20 mins, they lost out on any potential test specimen! At 2pm, my appointment time, the office staff reappears from their lunch and I'm given paperwork. So even though I was the first of the four patients into the waiting room, I was the last one called. Of course!

Dr. G told me everything looked good. Of course I was expecting a little excitement over the weight loss and the fact that my BP came in at 120/90. I was also expecting that he would write out my script for my BCPs. I left without either expectation filled. :( Instead Dr. G started pushing the IUD on me. What part of "I'm not into having something implanted in my VJJ" doesn't he get?!? I left his office so deflated and pretty upset. I came home and did some research as he suggested, called my insurance company to learn that it isn't covered and decided that I would get the ultrasound he ordered and when I call for those results I will tell him that I do not want nor will I be getting the IUD and he can either call in a script for the pill or else I'll find another OB/GYN...

After my appointment I decided to swing by school to pick up my audit paperwork from the registrar's office as I received an email a couple weeks ago telling me it would be ready. Was it ready? Um...well, after waiting 15 mins for the lady in charge of it to come back from her lunch @ 3:45pm (their office closes at 4:30pm) I was told that my paperwork still isn't ready. Are you kidding me?!? Okay...I'm tired of being so angry today, so let's move on to the next thing...how about getting the two awards I received from them with my first name spelled correctly this time. Oh...those have to be ordered and sent back to me. Whatever!!

By the time I got home I didn't have the desire to toss my workout clothes into the dryer and go and work out. I also didn't have the desire or the head to work on more homework. So I did what I do best...I took a nap!

Consider it done: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 17, 19, 22, 24, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38
Just getting started: 11, 12, 13, 21, 23, 25, 39, 40
Needs attention: 14, 18, 20, 33

2 comments:

  1. i'm excited for you!

    and he can't deny you the pill can he??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe...thanks Blaez!! :) I'm sure he can, if he wants, but then he will be fired. Where there is a will there is a way! :) Plus you know he would bitch if I came up pregnant the first of the year...and so would I!!

    ReplyDelete