Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Who Needs Noodles?

I made a big batch of spaghetti sauce tonight and I was thinking...the only things I really like about spaghetti is the sauce and the garlic bread so why waste the calories on the noodles. So for dinner I had a bowl of spaghetti sauce and garlic bread! Yummy!! I, of course, ate more than I should have, but without the noodles I feel like I did better than I would have had I fixed it with the noodles!

This morning I overslept...again. I did the same thing yesterday too. I think there is something wrong with me! I woke up at 9:15am and my hair appointment was for 10am. Opps! I rushed around and did what I had to do and arrived about 3 mins late for my appointment. I had my highlights updated, did a little tax reading under the dryer and then left there to have my blood taken for my allergy test scheduled for Tuesday! After my blood work I did a couple errands and met up with the munchkin and my aunt for lunch @ Johnny Rockets! Yummy!!

I was able to keep a semblance of control at JR's. I only had a single with cheese and onion rings and a diet coke. I had planned on getting a chocolate malt to go, but then I decided to just finish the munchkin's child size shake instead, but after I sat it in front of me (I was on the phone with my man) my aunt reached right over to move it while I was paying the bill. I hung up and my aunt told me she didn't tell the waiter that I wanted a small malt to go. I told her it was probably for the best. She then said she wouldn't have finished the munchkin's shake if she had known that. Well...a little too late, huh? I wanted to say, "Why did you think I put it in front of me?!?" But I didn't. I just said that was probably for the best too. She then went on how she knows I really like JR's shakes. I told her not to worry about it.

After lunch I ran another errand and then came home instead of finishing my errands. I decided to lay down for an hour because I was feeling sort of out of it. I think that may be caused by the fact that I cannot take any allergy medicine in preparation of my allergy tests next week. My facial/waxing appointment was at 3:15pm so I set my alarm for 2:40pm. Well I overslept for this too! I hit snooze for 10 minutes and then at 2:50pm I reset the alarm for 2:55pm and again for 3pm and then again for 3:05pm. Um yeah...my salon is 20 minutes away from me! What the hell was I thinking?!? I just couldn't get myself out of that bed. I am seriously thinking there is something wrong with me!!!

I raced to my appointment and actually called to tell them I was running late, but was put on hold. When I walked into the salon, still on hold, I looked at my esthetician and said, "I'm sorry I'm late, but I'm on hold (showing her my phone ticking the seconds down) here right now to tell you I'm running late." We laughed and went back in the room. As she was doing my eyebrows my cell phone vibrated. It was the salon. So I answered it,

j'lynn: Hello?
Front Desk Girl: Hi j'lynn, this is FDG. Your appointment was at 3:15pm and your esthetician was worried and wanted to see if you were still coming.
j'lynn: FDG, I'm on esthetician's table right now getting waxed.

After the giggling, my esthetician got serious...she didn't give all of the details, but I surmised that her hubby caught her in an affair, which caused him to ram her car with his and has now lead into him being charged with two counts of felonious assault. I had suspected that his going to Canada for 6 months to work was actually them separating. The worst part is that he isn't a US citizen and this could cause him to get deported. They've been married 8 years and prior to this situation he has never even raised his voice to her and she thinks he just snapped that night. She feels partially bad, but is holding him responsible for his own actions that night too. I feel sorry for her and glad that no one got seriously hurt that night. Hopefully it works out for the best for everyone involved...

After I was finished with my pampering, I ran the rest of my errands and came home. With as much homework as I have you would think I would be busting that out. But outside of fixing my spaghetti and doing other small personal tasks and laundry I haven't gotten much done. I suspect that it is going to be an early night tonight so I can get up and bust some stuff out tomorrow! Well, early in my world...

Consider it done: 1, 2, 4, 5, 13, 14, 15, 16, 21
Just getting started: 3, 6, 7, 17, 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
Needs attention: 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

No comments:

Post a Comment