Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Saturday, June 19, 2010

You're Fired!

These two words have been infamous for a very long time. Then Donald Trump made them almost popular. Do you remember after the first Apprentice people imitating The Donald with his signature "You're Fired!"? I do! I'm sure I'm equally guilty of doing it myself! Well, I fired someone recently, but there was no fanfare!

Let me take you to the beginning or refresh your memory. Oh yeah...don't forget about this! Anywho...I finally pulled the trigger back the day of my bro's fake wedding. I know my cleaning lady had a lot going on, but Sunday I was having the munchkin's birthday party at our house and I definitely didn't have time to clean the house. Knowing how busy that weekend was going to be way ahead of time, I had asked her to clean a week in advance and had gave her a choice in days that week to clean. She told me it wouldn't be a problem! I counted on this! I arranged my whole schedule around it as she said she wanted to clean that Saturday morning. Cool!

That Friday night my phone rang. My cleaning lady wanted to update me on everything she had going on, but wanted to tell me she "should" be able to make it to clean the next day. Knowing I had some time that night I even told her if she thought it would be too much that it was okay if she couldn't do it. I was assured that it shouldn't be a problem. So I went about our business Friday night and Saturday morning I went to the salon to get my hair "did." Needless to say when my phone rang a little after 10am and was told she wouldn't be cleaning that day I was a bit shocked, a little disappointed, and upset. After I hung up I performed my imitation of The Donald, because my cleaning lady, "you're fired!"

Even though my house didn't get cleaned that day or before the munchkin's birthday party, I already had a replacement that same night and guess when she showed up! Monday morning! My new cleaning lady (a/k/a my mom's bff) is wonderful!! She has cleaned twice for me now and I'm always impressed at how great the house looks after she cleans!! She even takes out my trash, makes my bed*, and replaces my towels in the bathrooms!! Oh yeah and she definitely uses more than one towel!

So that Saturday I was able to use both of The Donald's catch phrases, "You're Fired!" and "You're Hired!" Congratulations mom's bff...you are my new Apprentice...er...cleaning lady!

Consider it done: 1, 2, 4, 13, 14, 18, 23
Just getting started: 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 11, 20, 21, 24, 25
Needs attention: 9, 10, 12, 15, 16, 17, 19, 22

*~~incase you wondered why I can't even make my own bed here of late, refer back here.

2 comments:

  1. my exboss works for Trump now.

    I'm glad you got all that straight now! It is hard being friend/employee/boss all at once but sounds like to me she was taking advantage of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blaez~~It is hard being a friend/employee/boss all at once. It is one of my downfalls in life... C'est la vie! Things are better now, but I never did tell her. I adore "The Donald"! :) hehehehe

    ReplyDelete