Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Monday, June 7, 2010

Personal Renewal--Step 2

One of the major things I need to get back under control with my personal renewal here is getting healthy & losing weight. I've really fell off that wagon and have been playing with 10lbs for quite some time. I lose it, I gain it back, I lose it, I gain it back. This is not a fun rollercoaster ride, but I am the one doing it to myself. I just need to get serious, take control, and move along with my bad-ass self!

I had decided last week after eating like a pig for the last couple of weeks, that today was my day to get off my butt and take back control with this particular area of my life. I did not think about it all week and sort of just ate whatever I wanted to eat. I didn't sit down and eat just to eat, but I didn't restrict myself either. I picked today because pretty much all of the craziness in our life is over as of today. The anniversary party is over, finals (for now) are over, the munchkin's first communion is over and after this past weekend my bro's "wedding" is over and my munchkin's 8th birthday party is over (even though I have a big ol' chunk of yummy, yummy, yummy cake in my fridge and 3 different kinds of ice cream in the freezer, 2 are no sugar added though!).

So, this morning I got up with every intention of getting back on the healthy band wagon and knew I needed to do my weekly weigh-in. I hate weighing in on a Monday, but since it is only one day off from my normal weekly weigh in I thought I could handle it for this week only. It has been 15 days since I weighed in last and I was expecting not so good results, so here goes... Today's stats:

Starting weight (7/8/09): 363lbs
Current weight: 324lbs
This week's results: +4.4lbs
Total weight lost: 39lbs

Okay...not great, but not horrible for eating like a maniac for the last 15 days!!

Last night as I was eating a huge plate of cake and ice cream, knowing what today would bring I saw a few articles on my homepage about weight lost. So I printed them out to read today thinking they couldn't hurt me, but I knew I didn't want to venture reading them while shoveling cake & ice cream into my mouth! This afternoon I read them both. The NYT's article really hit home with me. It reminded me of one of the many reasons why I need to get serious about losing weight again.

The article was "Growing obesity raises risks of childbearing: Extra weight burdens hospitals, jeopardizes health of moms and babies." As you all know, I want to have more babies sometime in the future. Well reading this article put lots of things into perspective for me and one thing it reminded me is the fact that I don't want to have more babies where I am today! I don't want someone to recommend bariatric surgery to me before I become pregnant. I don't want to be like one mother who was 7 months pregnant who was admitted after having a stroke laying in the hospital unable to feel her baby move inside of her...worried if they could stretch out each day without having to deliver a baby! Hell, I don't want a doctor to tell me that they cannot give me an epidural because my fat ass makes it too hard to feel my spine to place the local. I don't want to add to the statistic that 2 in 3 maternal deaths are linked to obesity. I sure as hell do not want to be the topic of a doctors meeting worried that the delivery room table might collapse under me while giving birth!!

Now do not get me wrong...I also do this for my munchkin, because it is no fun having a fat-ass as a mommy. I get it. I really do. So please do not think that my current push to get back on the WWs wagon or I guess I should really call it the "Eating Better, Becoming Healthier & Losing Weight" wagon is solely for the purpose of having another baby. I would never put my desires for the future ahead of my munchkin, because he matters more than anything else!!

And I'm thinking driving to work everyday seeing the huge billboard along the expressway that reads, "Dear Obesity: I'm done with you." is going to help me be motivated each and every day!

Consider it done: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 12, 15, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 32, 33, 35, 36, 37
Just getting started: 11, 13, 14, 27, 28, 38, 39, 40
Needs attention: 7, 8, 9, 10, 16, 20, 21, 29, 30, 31, 34

No comments:

Post a Comment