Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Just Not My Day

This actually started yesterday. I kicked ass at work, couldn't wait to get on the road to go and see my man, and after fighting horrible traffic for over an hour my smile turned into a pissed off face in a heart-beat when I was denied my visit with my guy. I so did not need the drama!

They wouldn't let me in because of "designer holes" in my jeans. It violates their policy of "clothes that are in good repair." Okay...I dig your standard MDOC; however, what I find a bit odd is the fact that this has been the policy ever since I've been going to one of your facilities since May 2008 and these same jeans I've worn on several occasions to 3 different facilities with no problem. For Christ's Sake I wore the same fucking jeans 6 days prior with no problem.

I demanded to see the Shift Commander. After 2 hours of waiting, she finally graces me with her presence. I found this uber convenient since if she had approved my visit it would have been too late to allow me in, because you are denied entry should there only be 30 minutes left to visit. Nice, huh?

Don't worry Ms. Shift Commander, I know how your world operates. I think you thought I would go away when you told Ms. Front Desk CO that you couldn't see me right away. But sorry, it had became a matter of principle at that point. I didn't care if I had to stand there all frickin' night...you were going to come out and see me. I also didn't care when you told Ms. Front Desk CO to tell me you still weren't going to approve my visit. Maybe not, but you sure as shit were going to have to come out and meet me. I also suspect that you thought you were going to come out and find some 'floozy waitin' to see her man.' But you didn't, did you?! My God, some of the people within your custody do have loved ones with an education who know how to speak in complete sentences and know how to conjugate their verbs...how about that ma'am. You also didn't even know how to act when I required an introduction after introducing myself, did you?! Hmmm...surprising, isn't it...like I said, 'Don't worry Ms. Shift Commander, I know how your world operates.' And since that world operates on my voting back and under my tax paying dimes, I know how your world operates and a tax-paying voter with nothing but a macbook and a brain can enter your world through letters. Like I promised you last night, my letters are in the mail to the necessary people. You too have a good day, Ms. Shift Commander!

Of course after I drove another hour plus home, I had no desire to go grocery shopping nor any desire to do anything else for that matter. I was in the bed by 12:30am, but back up again at 4:00am running to the restroom like a crazy woman. I was in such pain and misery. I just wanted to cry at some point during the night...I don't know if it was all of my anger and frustration from earlier in the night acting up or what, because it certainly wasn't anything I ate. :( I am hopeful that maybe this middle of the night bathroom visit will push me past my mental block that I've been holding on to for so long now. (Keep your fingers crossed for tomorrow for me y'all!)

I've felt blah all day today and can't seem to get much done, but I'm trying. Of course the fact that I will be making another trip up tomorrow morning into the bowels of hell just grinds my ass, because it shouldn't have came to this! Jerks!!

Consider it done: 1, 3, 6, 9*, 13, 21
Just getting started: 2, 5, 8, 24, 28, 29
Needs attention: 4, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 29, 20, 22, 23, 25, 26, 27, 30

*~~Did you even notice that there wasn't a #9 on my list of things to do? I sure didn't until just now. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment