Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Big Step

Today I finally did it! Well, okay...thus far my progress has been getting the info (thank you Dani for lending me your "man"), making the call and leaving a message. I'm on the move to switch insurance companies!!

I've been with my current insurance company for years and they just happen to have employed me in one way or another since September 2003 (minus that 11 month hiatus from July 2006 to June 2007, which included my 9 months in hell or what I would like to think of as the closest I'll come to serving time in prison!!). However, my decision to move away from them started back here and continued here and was reconfirmed when I received my renewal for both my home and my auto in the last week and they both did what boss man said they would~~went up! So sorry dear insurance company, no raises this year, no promise (not even a fake blowing-smoke-up-my-ass one) of a raise next year and increased premiums equals j'lynn shopping for a new insurance company!!

Consider it done: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
Just getting started: 6, 7, 12, 13
Needs attention: 14, 15

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! That's a big move. I switched when I got married, not to the company my husband used either. We both switched to a new company and it was weird but ended up being better for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debbie!! I've been with my current (soon to be former) insurance company since 2002 and was with them before we moved to another state back in 2000. Crazy to change now, but it feels right! :)

    ReplyDelete