Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Nothing Like A Lil' Spaghetti Sauce In Your Eye

After attending the munchkin's commitment mass and potluck this morning I headed over to the Hallmark store. I found much cheaper invitations and even found the thank you notes I wanted. In addition, I found the Precious Moments: Do this in Memory of Me-Boy figurine (http://www.preciousmoments.com/content.cfm/product/Do-This-In-Memory-Of-M-Boy). I was happy that it matched the thank you notes I bought! But I couldn't find matching invitations, so I picked a different invitation and called it good enough! From there I went to Wal-Green's to submit all of our pics to be developed. After looking over the 300+ pictures on mine and my aunt's memory cards, I headed to Wendy's for my large diet coke and booked it on home.

Knowing I'm running behind on time this weekend I tossed in a load of laundry, responded to a couple of emails and decided to throw dinner on the stove. While starting to fry up the two pounds of hamburger and getting the water over to boil our noodles, I started pouring my two jars of spaghetti sauce into a pan. That's when it hit me...a big ol' blob of spaghetti sauce splashed out of the pan and splashed right into my eye. Seriously?!? Wasn't trying to start myself on fire, being critiqued by a homeless man on my dirty car, doing homework for hours on end this week, and trying to cut off the tip of my middle finger while making breakfast yesterday enough?!? Seriously?!? We had to toss spaghetti sauce in my eye too?!? Come on already!!

Hoping I was done with the crazy mishaps, I finished getting everything together on the stove for dinner, so I began wiping down what I could on the stove before I left the water to come to a boil and the sauce simmering. Let me interject here for a moment and tell you I have a gas stove, which has black grates on it. In my ever wise attempt to wipe up the left side of the stove where I just finished frying the hamburger up I proceeded to grab the grate and lift it up to wipe underneath. Did I spill something? No. Instead I tried to brand the grate print into my finger and thumb, because apparently my mind forgot that those are metal and even though the flame is no longer on the metal retains the heat from the gas flame. I quit! I will say it, I'm yelling from the rooftops, "UNCLE!!!" I need no more crazy mishaps!

In other news around town, Wal-Green's called and apparently my 716 prints over taxed their machine as it went down. They've called a tech out, but my prints won't be ready until tomorrow night. Fine by me! :) I hadn't intended to go and pick them up today anyways. Also, I bit the bullet and weighed in this morning right after I showered and got dressed. I'm on the cusp of making my goal. I weighed in at exactly 320lbs. No .2 no nothing...320.0lbs exact. So, as God is my witness, I will bust out of this mental block by next week's weigh-in. So my stats for now are:

Starting weight (7/8/09): 363.0lbs
Current weight (today): 320.0lbs
Total weight lost: 43.0lbs

Not bad...could be, should be better, but it is what it is and I'm happy with that! I didn't make my goal, but whatev... I still lost 1lb this week and that is better than good!

Consider it done: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 10, 11, 12, 13, 16, 19, 20, 22, 23, 25, 26, 27, 28
Just getting started: 5, 7, 8, 9, 14, 15, 21, 24
Needs attention: 17, 18

3 comments:

  1. i can't imagine how bad spaghetti sauce hurts in the eye. and i go to pick up the hot burner all the time (we have gas) thankfully the heat radiating keeps me at bay.

    we started walking again. my 10 i lost i have gained back. i'm in bridal bootcamp mode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blaez~~apparently I'm not nearly as sensitive to heat as you. LMAO

    Good luck with the bridal bootcamp! :) I'm sure you'll be reporting those 10lbs gone in no time, along with more!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: It didn't burn too much...but I felt like an idiot! ;)

    ReplyDelete