Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Friday, March 19, 2010

Starting To Feel The Pressure From All Sides

I am definitely feeling the pressure. It is coming from all over. It is coming from school, work, home...

Yesterday I had to give a closing argument in Trial Practice. I prepared nothing! I was hopeful that I would have time before class to get something together and it just didn't happen. So I did the only thing I could...I made quick notes of facts on my paper and went up when I had to. I received no feedback after I finished, so I sat down and wondered how I did. I spent the next 2.5 hours wondering. It wasn't until we were all walking out of class did I finally receive my feedback, "j'lynn very well done." Well, thank you Prof. Arrogance! ;)

I then hauled my exhausted ass on to E&T. I was unprepared. My contacts were so blurry from sleeping in them the night before that I felt like I was drunk. I was starving. I crazily only counted one case in our reading material and when someone told me 10 minutes before class that there were a total of 4 cases I knew things weren't going to go well for me in class. As we got ready to move on to the last case, I finished quickly scanning it (just in case), took a bite of apple with peanut butter and blinked at my contacts. After about 5 people being called on, one person confessing he wasn't prepared and the other 4 not responding because they were absent, my name was called. Of course!! I had a mouth full of apple and peanut butter, go figure. I muddled and mumbled my way through and 3 minutes later class was over fifty minutes early!

I survived another Thursday at school and came home. Once I was home I started to feel the pressure of all of the school work I need to accomplish in the next week. :( I think even if I did homework for 48 hours straight I couldn't get it all done.

I usually haul a bunch of homework with me to work in the hopes that time will stop while I'm there and I can do some homework! Ha! Yes, I am delusional!

Thursdays I leave work at 1pm, so I always try and check my work email to see what I missed and what I'm headed into come Friday morning. When I opened my email and saw that I had a ton of "rush" work added to my current work, which is stacked in 3-18 inch high piles I decided to pull everything out of my work bag for today. I desperately need to get things at work under control in the next week!! It is no longer an option...it is a requirement for me!

Of course all of this was on top of getting ready to walk out the door yesterday morning, late of course, and receiving an email from my son's teacher telling me we have to meet next week. Mind you, there is already a standard second parent/teacher conference set for us at 6:15pm Monday, March 29, 2010. Apparently my munchkin is being accused of punching another little boy in the privates during recess. My munchkin maintains his innocence. I was so upset with the whole thought of having to deal with this I left the house upset and didn't tell the munchkin that I love him. Then I felt horrible!! It took 5 phone calls to the house and to my mom's cell to get him on the phone to tell him I loved him and to have a great day! I felt a little better, but was still upset. After three emails back and forth and the fact that the only time I could meet with his teacher was next Friday morning at 7am (next week is crazy busy for me!) she agreed to keep our currently scheduled meeting the following Monday evening...

Oh yeah...and my guy called twice and both times he was down and wasn't having a good day. :( Weren't we all having a bad day? Where is the moon and Jupiter yesterday, because the totality of the circumstances lead me to believe they were out of whack!

Do I even need to say it? TGIF y'all!!

My Friday To-Do List:
1. Bust my ass at work for 8 full hours!
2. Go and see my guy
3. Write out my shopping list
4. Go shopping
5. Do laundry
6. Pick up the house
7. Do all of my E&T homework
8. Do all of my SADO homework
10. Do all of my Trial Practice homework
11. Write out my bills
12. Balance my checkbook
13. Get my hair cut
14. Workout
15. Write my guy
16. Dig out more paperwork that my guy needs and mail it
17. File this week's papers
18. Catch up on my emails
19. Send out the munchkin's first communion invitations
20. Get ready for Easter
21. Take down the St. Patrick's Day decorations
22. Put up Easter decorations
23. Continue preparing for all of the things we have coming up in the next several months.
24. Catch up on my TIVO
25. Get organized
26. Refocus to tighten my belt with regards to following WWs
27. Refocus for next week
28. Get me some serious sleep (I am so exhausted this week my whole body is achy!)
29. Plan out my week
30. Get my shit together

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the craziness of this week. I've been super stressed and sick which doesn't help. Work and school have been kicking my butt and i have a super hard midterm tomorrow morning! Ugh! Let's hope next week is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie~~I know it is a little late, but Good Luck on your midterm today! I'm sure you did great!! :) Super stressed and sick sucks. I hope you feel better and your stress level decreases really really soon. I agree...let's hope next week is better! Good luck to you girl! :)

    ReplyDelete