Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Monday, March 15, 2010

A Little Organizing Going On From Time To Time

In the last couple of months, I've continued what I started here. In an effort to clean out and organize a few areas in my life and home I organized and cleaned out two more areas. My panties drawer and under the master bath sink. Both of these areas came to my attention by way of chance.

Several weeks ago while doing laundry and putting my clothes away I came to discover that I couldn't stick any more underwear in my drawer! Crazy, isn't it?! When I did my bi-annual shopping trip last October, I picked up some new panties. Not only because it was fun, but because I was in serious need of smaller ones! (Yay! If only I could say I could use smaller ones again would I be super happy!) I opted to purchase them a couple sizes smaller than the pants I bought, but I failed to throw out any of my old ones at that time. So when I couldn't fit all of them in the drawer, I decided it was time to throw some underwear out! I ended up throwing out 29 pairs of underwear! Yes, I said that correctly~~29!!! I left myself 13 pairs. Who the heck needs 42 pairs of underwear at one time??? Needless to say, I definitely needed to clean this drawer out. It was like its own little country or fire hazard!

Next came a few weeks later when looking for something in the bathroom. One minute I'm looking for something, the next minute my mom is ridiculing me for having hair dye that is older than my munchkin (he'll be 8 in June!) under my sink! Before I knew it, I was cleaning out and reorganizing the area under my master bath sink! Six boxes of hair dye were tossed out and eight cosmetic bags were removed and relocated to be used for future gifts. Apparently every time my makeup brand has a sale that includes that "free" bag with little goodies in it I am in need of makeup and am a sucker and get that "free" bag for $29.95!

Can anyone guess what the chicks in my family are getting for Christmas this year?! LOL

Consider it done: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 22, 23, 29, 30
Just getting started: 8, 25, 27, 28
Needs attention: 9, 10, 15, 21, 24, 26*

*~~Obviously this is not the organizing I need to do to stop feeling all out of sorts lately! Go figure!

2 comments:

  1. even if its not what was needed done it was needed to be done in the future and in that it is awesome that you got it done!!!

    <3 YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Blaez!!

    Back at ya!!

    I was starting to think maybe all of my commenters left! LOL Thanks for sticking around! ;) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete