Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Consider It Completed

This week I actually made all of my scheduled time at my Externship! Kudos to me!! Monday I attempted to shadow one of the attorneys Prof. Arrogance suggested I follow. I actually stood outside of her assigned courtrooms for about 50 mins waiting for her before I realized someone from the office whom I never met before was covering as my A's Girl called in sick. Once it was determined she was basically just adjourning all of the cases for a week and Funny Man from the office popped in saying he had 4 Prelims going I opted to follow him for the remainder of the day in court. Of course he worked my butt out making me go up 2 flights of stairs, then back down, and up one final time. Yikes! But I survived and we finally left court after 1pm.

Today I followed a younger defender and he basically let me run his entire docket in the courtroom for the morning. I was so scared yet excited. I did one bail hearing, which was totally granted (neither he nor I expected that to happen either) and the defendant even thanked me with a wink. Go figure he was just declared competent to stand trial in the last few days... I got one Prelim Exam adjourned and performed another one. It was so damn exciting. My newly adopted leader kept telling me how great I did after we were leaving. It made me feel so good. I was totally proud of myself.

When I left court my weekend was filled with so many errands I lost count! From there I swung by my chips & salsa place to recollect the money they owed me for the extra charge from two weeks ago. Then I went to the Federal Courts for a docket printout of one of my 3 litigation files to put with my Bar Application. Then I drove out and was fingerprinted twice for the Bar Application. Then I made my way to my ortho's office where I was told there was nothing he could do today for my wrist. I was not a happy camper.

I swung by one of the declared best pizza places in the area, but not for pizza...for their yummy yummy salad. I raced back home to go to the local court to get copies of my local litigation docket sheets and some of the pleadings. I wasn't sure I was going to make it before they closed, but I did. Heck, I even made it to the bank so I could get my money orders for the Bar Application. I went to Staples to get envelopes for my Bar Application and then finally headed home. That's when I did it...I hit "complete" on my Bar Application and printed it out. All that is left is to put it together, sign everything, get it notarized and put it in the mail!

All in all...today was a great day!! Of course this all left me exhausted tonight, plus I suspect I may have a little cold, but I'm trying to fight my way through it all...

Consider it done:
1, 2, 3, 4, 13, 14, 15, 16, 20, 21, 2223
Just getting started: 5, 10, 11, 17, 18, 19, 24, 25, 26
Needs attention: 6, 7, 8, 9, 12

No comments:

Post a Comment