Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Deranged Soul In My Town

This week has been another crazy week here in j'lynn's world!

Monday I met a new intern at my Externship. She did everything I was always told not to do! She didn't wear a suit to court and actually dressed in khakis, a white tee-shirt with a multi-colored cardigan. She took personal calls while at the office on her cell phone. She didn't have anything with her other than her cell phone and her purse. Um hello?!? What are you going to take notes on or with?!?

Tuesday I had to follow the same attorney as the other intern and we were both given files the night before to review to do preliminary exams. I knew my exam wouldn't go, but we learned that her exam was definitely going. She had never done an exam before so I was trying to be supportive and telling her how mine went the week before...blah, blah, blah. Well she backed out and didn't do her exam. WTF?!? So not only did she miss out, but so did I! If she was not going to do it then she should have given the file to me! I wanted to do another exam! I was not a happy camper! BTW, she showed up in brown dress pants, a white t-shirt and a tan cardigan.

Wednesday As I was finishing up at work my ex-neighbor called to tell me that her daughter's ex-fiance was all over the news because he failed to show to court for his own preliminary exam for his charges of 2 counts of criminal sexual conduct in the 3rd degree. This doesn't seem newsworthy, but the fact that he kidnapped his 15 year old victim was definitely newsworthy. The Amber Alert went statewide and insider information started pouring into me and with every call things were going from crazy to down right scary! What started over 200 miles away from my town ended several hours later in a cemetery down the road from me. It appears from all outsider and insider accounts that I have received that hours before that van parked in my local cemetery he killed his 15 year old victim (who in his eyes was his girlfriend) and because he couldn't imagine his life without her he finally turned the gun on himself. By the time the swat team arrived both of them were dead inside the van parked in front of his grandparents grave site.

You would think this story couldn't get any worse. Well, you thought wrong. After he shot the girl in the chest and head he drove to his ex-girlfriend/baby-momma's house and showed her the body, told her he was going to end his life and left to finish what he started twelve hours earlier. He followed through on his promise and now two families are left with unanswered questions and tons of grief. My heart goes out to both families.

Today I finally balanced my checkbook and realized how broke I really am. Of course this was compounded when I opened a $340 bill from my school for my parking. It is going to be a little difficult paying that bill when I have less than $45 in my checking account for another 14 days... Nothing like adding to my stress these days. Just what I needed, huh?

Since the post sort-of took a nasty turn let me share some positives for the week! I've really tried to step up with my healthy living this week. I haven't been perfect, but I have managed to get my water in every day and really have tried to pay attention to what I'm eating. I haven't been within my target calorie range, but I feel positive about the direction I'm headed. Of course I picked up Mexican take out tonight for dinner, but I think I did okay with it. I guess we will see in a few days!

Consider it done:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23, 25, 26, 27, 28, 30, 32, 33, 35, 36, 37, 38
Just getting started: 10, 11, 16, 20, 21, 34, 39, 40
Needs attention: 15, 24, 29, 31

No comments:

Post a Comment