Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Yes, I Have An Addiction...To Recipes

I love recipes. I think I have a bit of an addiction to them. I collect them and have an entire cupboard filled with them! I have a secret plan...er...hope that when my guy comes home he will type up and organize all my recipes. I've been told by some (yes Janice I'm calling you out! Ha!) to keep on dreaming! LOL But there is a downfall with my obsession. I rarely ever use any of the recipes I've collected. I fix the same things time after time. My other downfall...I suck at cooking!

From time to time I watch Top Chef and often think maybe I should take a cooking class, because I must confess that I am someone who can screw up boiling water. But every now and then I will keep a recipe out, add all the ingredients to my list of grocery shopping and maybe...just maybe I'll eventually get around to making that recipe.

Back in August I came across a recipe in an email I received from Hungry Girl. I added the ingredients to my shopping list and since I was going to have to throw out the crab I had bought if I didn't use it by this Thursday I decided to make the recipe today. So after doing my weekly weigh-in (see stats below) I whipped up HG's Ab-Fab Artichoke Crab Dip. It was very yummy. I wasn't so sure when I was cutting up the artichokes, but it turned out really good. It is definitely yummier the hotter you can make it (heat hot, not spicy hot) and eat it. So one more recipe goes back into the cupboard but this time it was actually made and passed the j'lynn's taste test! (Psst...if you want the recipe just click on the link above and you'll have it!)

Today's stats...

Starting weight (7/8/09): 363lbs
Current weight: 322.6lbs
This week's results: -3.4lbs
Total weight lost: -40.4lbs

Remember last week when I was all "I have to get back to basics"? Well, I didn't completely get back to basics every day, but I did do a decent job with trying to get back in the healthy groove and it obviously really paid off! I didn't workout due to my mental health crisis and my wrist situation, but I tried to do the best I could. I'm hoping to keep going with my momentum this week and keep kicking butt so I can finally crack the two mental stumbling blocks I apparently have...getting out of the 320's for good & losing over 50lbs. Since I'm feeling better mentally these days I think it will be easier. Plus Mother-Nature finally left a couple days ago and that always makes life better!

Consider it done: 1, 2, 3, 4, 13, 14, 15, 16, 20, 23
Just getting started: 5, 11, 18, 21, 22
Needs attention: 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 17, 19, 24, 25, 26

3 comments:

  1. Yay on the weight loss!

    If he types all those up and organizes them I'll be amazed and I'll probably want to borrow him because I collect recipes too.

    You can't suck at cooking. You just follow the recipe, if something doesn't make sense ask (or google it lol), and it'll turn out. I looooove to cook because I looooove to eat. Sparkpeople has had some recipes that looked good lately but I haven't tried any yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think everyone has that same recipe organizing goal! LOL! I hope you are the first one who come through and completes the task. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janice~~Thanks! I will be amazed too, but you can't blame a girl for trying! Ha!! Yeah...following the recipe doesn't always work out for me!!

    Debbie~~Me too! Hehehe

    ReplyDelete