Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Got On The Record & I Loved Every Minute Of It!!!!!!

So I met with Miami Vice this morning, because I now have to start filling out time sheets at my Externship. Odd, but whatever. Of course when we spoke yesterday I was told he would be at the office from 8:30am-8:55am. So I got there around 8:35am and then I waited and waited and waited. Finally at 8:50am Miami Vice showed up and admitted he was dragging. We talked a bit and I agreed I would follow him for the morning.

I met Miami Vice at the courthouse a few minutes later...after I ran into my LSBFF! :) Nothing like running into your LSBFF to brighten your day! (Thanks LSBFF!!) Apparently they were giving out a free set of steak knives in addition to a felony and jail/prison time, because everyone and their brother was there this morning. I swear to God there were like 250 people in line waiting to get in and I'm not counting jurors, attorneys and us interns!

We ran around like crazy with the few clients of Miami's and got them all taken care of in less than an hour so then he shipped me off to the first young defender I followed weeks ago. She was swamped, but she did give me an opportunity to get on the record! Twice!! Two sentencing hearings! I was totally stoked and I want to do it every single day now!! Woo-hoo! And what was most thrilling is when she told me how great I did! She even said she was impressed at my demeanor, my decorum, and the deference I gave to the Court! She even said that my introductory request to practice speech was the best she had ever heard. (Again, I have my LSBFF to thank for that!!! Thank you LSBFF!!!!)

By then it was time to go as we were done for the morning and I had to go to my other job. I can't even say my "real" job, because I want my externship to be my "real" job!! My afternoon sucked there, but that is the status quo these days there. I finally left there around quarter to 7pm and other than stopping for gas I made my way home. I was hoping to get some things done tonight, but that didn't really happen. And after I watch Sons of Anarchy I'm off to bed...

Consider it done:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 29, 32
Just getting started: 12, 15, 18, 26, 27, 28, 30, 31
Needs attention: 13, 14, 16, 17

No comments:

Post a Comment