Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Losing Time While On A Roller Coaster

The last several days I definitely have been on a roller coaster in my life and have been experiencing some crazy things. Let me reflect for a few moments here...

Thursday night I went to Sam's Club and did some shopping. A lot of times in the morning I don't have time to eat anything and end up running through the drive through at Burger King or McDonald's and ordering a small diet coke and two sausage patties. I love me some sausage! So while I was at Sam's Club I saw this big box of Turkey Sausage Patties, individually wrapped. I was so excited, because this would be so much more cost effective and healthy for me! My aunt helped me haul our groceries in and we went about the rest of our business that night. The munchkin went to bed, my aunt went home and while I was getting a few things done before I went to bed I heard a cough come out of the munchkin's bedroom. I instantly thought to myself, "Oh...that's not good."

It was only one cough and the munchkin remained asleep so I finished what I was doing and made my way to bed. It was around 2am. At 3:30am the munchkin climbed into my bed and asked me to rub his back. He felt warm to me, but my son loves to wrap up in multiple blankets while he is sleeping and it isn't out of character for him to feel like he was in an oven when he comes out of a bed. We both feel back asleep. My cell phone alarm went off, I stood up and looked at my cell which read 5:40am Friday morning...the next thing I remember was walking into my bathroom, looking at my alarm clock which read 7:12am. Um, hello?!? I just lost an hour and a half. WTF?!? I must have went back to bed and have no memory of it. Great! The munchkin woke up too and was complaining how he didn't feel good. I checked his temperature and it was 101.6. Talk about changing the momentum of my weekend!

Since I took both Monday and Tuesday off from my life this week I really couldn't afford taking the day off again. I called my aunt to see if she could help and she came right out. Once she arrived and we had put a plan of action into place I told her that the night before when I crawled into bed I thought about my Turkey Sausage Patties and the fact that I didn't see them when I was hauling my groceries in and assumed she had brought them in on one of her trips and put them in the freezer. She, of course, had no idea what I was talking about and indicated she didn't haul them in either. I began to wonder what else I was going to lose since it appeared that so far that morning I had lost 1.5 hours and now an entire box of Turkey Sausage Patties!?! Since we put everything in the pantry on the washer so I could rearrange my shelves to fit everything in over the weekend. She then uncovered the box of Turkey Sausage Patties that she carried in the night before. In the garbage they went... She felt horrible and apologized several times because she didn't put it in the freezer. I told her that I was equally to blame since I should have double checked since I was the one that knew I had bought things that needed to be put in the freezer. I'm totally bummed though...

Due to the munchkin being home sick I called and canceled my new cleaning lady, which worked out well because her father-in-law was in the hospital just being diagnosed with Leukemia. My aunt took the munchkin to the doctor and he was diagnosed with strep throat. Fun, fun, fun... The munchkin was feeling a little better later in the day, so I opted to still go and see my guy after work, but before I could get there I had to swing by the Defender's Office, drop off my time sheet for the week before and pick up the day sheet for Monday. Then I was off to see my guy.

After a great visit, I was totally exhausted, but opted to still do the rest of my weekly grocery shopping. When I finally got home around 11pm last night I made sure I put away all of my perishable foods away, but left everything else out to be taken care of in the morning. I knew I had tons of errands to run Saturday morning so I set my alarm for 6:20am so I could get things done. I had a plan of attack and was going to be totally ready to hit the ground running. Well things didn't work out that way since I didn't get out of the bed until 7:50am. Lost another 1.5 hours this morning. This has became crazy and totally unacceptable!! Time to grow up j'lynn and get your shit together! Come on already! Ugh.... I quickly got myself ready, took off to get my oil changed and tires rotated, then off to the salon to get my highlights done and a hair cut. I was hoping to get my allergy shot in between these two errands, but thanks to my inability to get my ass out of bed this had to be moved to later in my morning.

While at the salon one of the new assistants started talking about how she and her 2 kids were looking for a place to live. They had just moved from up-north and she was in the midst of getting a divorce. I spout off how I have a 3 bedroom, 2 bath trailer she can buy. Her eyes totally lit up! That is exactly what she is looking for! I instantly got chills. She said she was going to drive by after work. She has a friend who will be moving with her, so she wants her to look at it too. Thinking or maybe hoping she would want to come in and look at it today I knew I was in trouble cleaning wise! It had been 3 weeks since my cleaning lady had been in and I know she isn't available for emergency calls so I made the call to my former cleaning lady and she came down and did the job for me! I was so appreciative that she was able to help me out!

While she was cleaning I finished up at the salon and finished my errands. I think I was home 10 minutes with my former cleaning lady when the potential buyer drove by. She didn't stop and come in though. Maybe she thought I had company and didn't want to intrude. I don't know. I was really hoping she would come in this afternoon fall in love with my house and this would actually be happening. It would certainly be a huge boost to me if this could happen. Please say an extra prayer for me guys...because this would be so great if this would happen for us!!!

After a little nap this afternoon I picked up some dinner, made my way to my aunt's and after chowing on a good steak we headed up to our annual trip back in time for Halloween. The munchkin was not able to make his last game of the fall season this morning and had to miss the trip to McDonald's with his team, because of being sick. He was totally bummed. He asked every hour if he could still go tonight. Since he was no longer contagious we opted to go and he had a pretty good time. You could tell he was still feeling punky though.

Even though I haven't accomplished as much this weekend as I wanted it has been one helluva roller coaster ride for the last couple of days. Now if only I could either recover those 3 hours I've lost in the last two days or figure out how to get my ass out of bed on time I might enjoy this ride a little more these days.

Consider it done: 1, 2, 3, 4, 13, 14, 15, 16, 20
Just getting started: 11, 18, 21, 22
Needs attention: 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 17, 19, 23, 24, 25, 26

No comments:

Post a Comment