Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Automated Restrooms...

At work a few months back our building remodeled our restrooms and everything is automated now, including the toilets.  At the beginning several of the women in our office claimed they didn't work, but they did.  You just had to walk away from them before they would flush.  They have became more sensitive the longer we have had them.  At one point there was even discussion about making the building management rip out the new toilets because they just weren't "working".  I used to giggle over these discussions, but now the laugh is on me!

Three times I've started leaving public restrooms without flushing before realizing the rest of the world isn't as plush as my office and I must flush it on my own!  So the next time you see that someone didn't flush, maybe they have plush potties at their office too!

There are several things I think of when I think of bathrooms...Often I think of Dustin Hoffman's line in Meet the Fockers, "When it is yellow be mellow, if it is brown flush it down."  I also think about a former co-worker overhearing another former co-worker saying "shoot it Winchester!"  Actually, there have been several current and former co-workers who talk to them selves in the restroom...so when you think no one is listening...oh yes we are!  And sometimes we are bloggers!  hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment