Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Watch Out WWs, I'm Coming Back

It has been weeks since I've posted about my battle of the bulge.  Part of that is due to time constraints and part of that is because I was devastated last Saturday when I discovered I had actually gained 5lbs.  :(  I know I wasn't behaving perfectly, but I didn't expect this turn of events.  So last week I went back to WWs, but on my own.  

I can't afford to attend meetings, plus my time is so limited so I decided to start counting points on my own.  So that is where I'm at with the battle of the bulge.  I felt really good about it this week though.  I was within my points Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.  Friday wasn't so great...I had fish & chips for lunch.  I did eat the 4 pieces of fish (the cook at the greasy spoon has a crush on me so he snuck me an extra piece of fish with a wink...just what I needed!) with tarter sauce, but only ate maybe 5 fries and only 2 bites of cole slaw and didn't touch the bread and butter.  Then we had to clean out the Explorer Friday night and ended up at Red Lobsters.  I topped my Friday off with a Sunset Passion Colada and then we all shared appetizers instead of ordering meals.  We shared Lobster Pizza, (Lobster) Fondue, and Coconut Shrimp.  I also had one cheddar biscuit and 2 cokes.  :(  

Today certainly was no better and likely a little worse.  :(  I started the day out on a run.  I shared pancakes with the munchkin at 10am.  I never ate or drank another thing until we went for dinner after going to the meat market (BTW, don't go to the meat market starving!  Both my freezers are stuffed to the brim!).  We had chips & salsa and then I had fajitas and I think I drank like 10 cokes....of course the class was three-quarters filled with ice and I was dying of thirst.  I think it was more like 4 or 5, but still....  And 6 hours later (actually, just now) I cracked open some crackers and the crab salad we bought at the meat market.  

I know I'm not perfect and I never claimed to be and this is one of the toughest fights in my life.  So I know I will have ups & downs, challenges and I will win some and lose some.  But my biggest success at this point will be being able to recover quickly when I fall off the WW wagon!  
So Watch Out WWs, I'm Back!  

No comments:

Post a Comment