Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

That isn't an excuse

After a pretty great day at work today and before I went to the gym I opted to exchange two pair of workout pants I purchased a couple weeks back before I went up to see my guy.  So I go to the store and say I want to exchange these 2 pairs of pants for a different size.  I'm told it is no problem by clerk #1 and to shop around.  So I find replacement pants, grab two pairs of panties (okay, not really panties...more like stuff 'em and see how much that girdle like contraption can hold!) and go to the counter.  

Clerk #1 is gone and clerk #2 begins cashing me out.  The conversation goes like this:

#2:  Are you a perks member?
j'lynn:  Yes.
#2:  Where did you become a perks member?
j'lynn:  Here.
#2:  Do you know when?
j'lynn:  No
#2:  $84.13
j'lynn:  For two pairs of underwear?
#2:  And your pants.
j'lynn:  I'm exchanging them.
#2:  Yes, but the new pants are more.
j'lynn:  They are the same pants.
#2:  Yes.
j'lynn:  They went up because of supply & demand??
#2:  No.  They are the same price as what you paid for them before.
j'lynn:  And I'm exchanging them.
#2:  Yes.
j'lynn:  And I owe $84.13???
#2:  Yes.  
****after some clarification I was advised that I was only getting $15 back per pair of pants that I was returning.  When I inquired why I was told it was because I didn't have the correct receipt****  
j'lynn:  But the other clerk told me it wasn't an issue.
#2:  I don't know.  This isn't my normal store.  Sorry.
j'lynn:  Can you hold the two new pair?
#2:  No.
j'lynn:  Huh?
#2:  No, we can't.
j'lynn:  Great.  They are the last two in that size.
#2:  I'm sorry, this isn't my normal store.
**Yup, heard you the first time!**

So I decide that I want the two new pairs, so I told her I wanted the new pants and the old pants because I know I have the receipt, I just grabbed the wrong one.  So now my bill was an additional $30.  :(  Then I asked the tell-tale question..."Is that with my perks?"
...
#2:  You aren't a perks member.
j'lynn:  Yes I am.
#2:  Nope.  I can't find you.
j'lynn:  Look me up with my phone number.  That is what everyone else here does.
#2:  This isn't my normal store.
j'lynn:  Okay.
#2:  Your perks expired back in 2007.
j'lynn:  So you mean to tell me that in the last 2 years everytime I shopped I wasn't getting my perks rewards?
#2:  This isn't my normal store, sorry.  (WTF?!?)
j'lynn:  Why wouldn't someone say, 'Oh, I'm sorry, your perks membership expired.  Would you like to reactivate it?'
#2:  I'm really sorry.  This isn't my normal store.

Repeating "This isn't my normal store."  isn't an excuse!!! It doesn't answer several questions when they are all different on different subject matters...   So tomorrow when someone asks me something I'm just going to keep repeating, "This isn't my normal store." How well do you think this is going to work?

No comments:

Post a Comment