Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Where did my weekend go????

I know I've been slacking in my posts the last several days, my apologizes, but I think someone hit fast forward on the clocks!! Last week was really busy and really stressful. I felt like I was running so far behind on everything and finally I said to myself, "screw everything, I have to get these things done." So I stopped working on anything else and only worked on writing out bills for one period of time. I discovered quickly that I had 3 bills due the next day, so I had to arrange for someone to hand-deliver 2 of them to their respective stores and 1 I had to call and pay over the phone using their automated system, which cost me an additional $9.95, but better then their $39.95 late fee charge! So now I felt better in that area.

The next area I was starting to feel stressed over was typing up my notes. I'm really trying to get better with my "school work", so I committed to typing up my notes after class (meaning the next day since I get home so late). In order to accomplish this, it has meant typing them up at work. I usually figure this is using my lunch hour since I don't really take lunch hours at work, because I end up working through while I eat at my desk. I think this is a fair trade off, don't you? Well, I hadn't typed up my notes since before spring-break, so I had about 2.5 weeks of notes to type up, so I borrowed a day at work and that is all I did was type up my notes to catch up there. So another area where I was feeling some relief.

Friday night the munchkin and I went shopping! We actually have food in the house again!! This was becoming a major stress area for me, because nothing I hate more than not having the essentials in the house and since by Friday we were out of milk, eggs, butter, bread, pop and popcorn...we definitely no longer had the essentials! So this was finally accomplished on Friday plus it was actually a lot of fun to go shopping with the munchkin. It has been a REALLY long time since we went shopping together. And since I can no longer lift him up in the cart (plus as he says, 'mom, I look dump up here where the babies go') I had to overcome my controlling ways and I let him "help" with the shopping. Well, until we hit the end and my stress level was rising by the time we were checking out of store #3.

Saturday morning we went to see my car guy....you know, for that "surprise car" he had for me! Well, it was a surprise!!! It is my car!!!! It has more than I wanted on it, which means more money, but whatever!! It is totally sweet.... The munchkin and I took it for a test-drive. I haven't felt so at home in a car in a long time. This is my car!! It only had 24 miles on it, it has been in the "sold lot" since it came in to the dealer. He said as soon as he saw it he knew it was mine. I love my car guy, because he was right!!!!! It is everything I asked for plus some! hehe So what I thought was going to be a 30 minute thing Saturday morning turned in to a 2.5 hour thing. But it was well worth that 2.5 hours! So I guess car guy was right...he did have a surprise for me!!! ;) BTW, I pick up my surprise on 3/28!! Pictures will follow, trust me!!

After 2.5 hours at the dealer, we met up with the auntie and had lunch. The munchkin was so good on both Friday and Saturday I was impressed and then I was sad, because I realized my munchkin was growing up... :( After lunch they went to Chica's daughter's b-day party and bowled. Apparently my munchkin loved it!!!! Who knew!!! We will have to go bowling this summer. It is so funny that he loved it, because I have dreamt of our "family" bowling in a few years, so I'm really excited about that and can't wait to tell my honey that I've got something to add to our list of things to do upon putting our family back together! (Yes, we do have such a list! LOL)

So by the time I came home Saturday afternoon and picked up the house (which is still sort of a work in progress even by now~Sunday afternoon) I was not feeling the whole homework thing. You would think then I would become productive elsewhere in my life, but I usually don't! I have some crazy hold-up or something that then just has me sit in a chair saying to myself, "I don't really feel like doing homework. I know I have a ton to do. Basically 2 midterms and I'm behind in my Crim Pro and BK reading, but I just can't do homework right now." I say this in my head over and over and over....then I turn on the TV and kind of lose myself for the remainder of the day or take a nap. Isn't this crazy? Since it was really kind of late to be taking a nap, it was about 5:30pm-ish, and I really had high hopes/ideas that maybe if I went to bed kind of early Saturday night that this morning I would get up really early and hit the ground running. Who is fooling who here....this didn't happen!! As I was having this motivating idea about going to bed sort of early and getting up early I added something to it...what if I filed my taxes tonight so I can make that huge ass down payment on my new car and then I can go to bed early, have my taxes filed, and get up early to get a jump start on my homework! Well, 1 good idea accomplished out of 3 isn't bad!!! So last night I gathered all of my papers and filed my taxes. I'm definitely glad that is out of the way. Plus I love the fact that according to Turbo Tax, my federal return should be deposited the day before I pick up my car....perfect timing IRS! ;)

So, as I sit here early Sunday afternoon doing laundry, wondering where my weekend went I think back at all the areas I'm a little less stressed in after the last 7 days...writing out bills, typing up class notes, stocking up our necessities, bailing myself out of my lease fiasco, and filing my taxes. Now I'm off to deal with another stress area...homework! ...or maybe I'll take that nap today! ;)

Enjoy your Sunday...

No comments:

Post a Comment