Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Change...

As we all know, this year has been summed up as a time of change.  With the election of the first African-American president and on his election platform the biggest push was a call for change.  I feel the need on this first day of March to begin incorporating that in to my life as well.  

There are several areas in my life that need change and no one will be able to bring that to the forefront other than me.  So as I begin to embark on this new month change will come.  It has to come!  So I come to you today and say, Change Will Come!!

I'm about to start back to the second half of my semester tomorrow and need to buckle down there.  It always feels like there is so little time and what little time I do have goes by so damn quickly!  So I need to tighten the rope around my time and reign in what I can.  

As our nation is gripped with economic woes, I too am in economic woes as I'm sure all of you are too.  So change must come to my finances as well.  So the belt will be tightened, costs will be cut, expenditures will be limited and change will come back in to my pocket here as well.

The other area that I need to tighten my belt with is my health.  Change must come here as well.  I need to buckle down.  Eat right.  Exercise more.  Become healthier.  Especially since in the last 3 days I've come to find out that 2 more people who I know have been stricken with cancer.  So I must do this for me, my future, to be here for my son, to enjoy life and to be a better person physically and mentally.  So change will be embarked on this front as well.

So, as I start my laundry, pick up my house, go through my papers and work on my homework I do it with a new sense of renewal and with change...

How else will I become motivated if not pushed by my own spirit...

Dedication:  I dedicate this post to one of my bffs as she does her duty across enemy lines...thanks for listening to me Capt. and letting me see where I need change in my life...love to you and watch your six!  

No comments:

Post a Comment