Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11

Eight years ago, our lives changed forever. I remember I was at my desk when my man called to tell me what was going on. I thought he was lying...I couldn't believe that what he was telling me could really be happening. I remember my dick of a boss that made me bring my almost 3 year old step-son up stairs when his daycare closed to "sit quietly" while I continued to work. (Yeah, that was successful!) I remember the two of us getting home and once he was in bed, all I wanted to do was curl up on the couch with my man to feel safe, because that entire day and for several days there after I didn't feel safe except for when we were home together as a family...

Eight years later when I see the pictures, the reports, and the videos from that day I still get tears in my eyes, a lump in my throat and feel my heart breaking as if it was just yesterday. God Bless those people who lost their lives eight years ago today, their family, and the people who helped save the people that could be saved. God Bless our men and women who have stepped up to continue to protect us from harm in the future. And God Bless the USA...

No comments:

Post a Comment