Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Monday, September 21, 2009

Need Help Going Green

Okay, I will admit, I am not the "greenest" person on the planet and I'm slow to come on board. However, now that I feel embarrassed at grocery stores when I haul my plastic bags out to the car I feel it is time to go green in this area. My son, who has singlehandedly started recycling in our home, will be so uber proud of his momma!

But I need your help...I am looking for reusable shopping bags. Yes, I know I could purchase the blue ones at Meijers for $0.99 (I think) and that would be fine with me. But I saw some young couple (my god, how old am I really?!?) in front of me a couple weeks ago at Meijers and they had the coolest reusable shopping bags. I couldn't even tell you what color or if there was a design on them. What made them so cool, you ask. Well, they snapped up in to this neat little square when they aren't in use.

So what I am looking for is (cheap) reusable shopping bags that fold in to a nice little neat square and snap in to place. Do you know anything like this? Can anyone help me go green in this area? Maybe you know something better! Please share any and all advice with reusable shopping bags that don't take up too much of my (very) limited space when they aren't in use! It would be wonderfully appreciated!!

5 comments:

  1. save the money and re-use them! thier the perfect size for small bathroom trashcans. that's what we use them for!

    also: most places (walmart & target and I think meijers) have a box at thier entrances where you can put the plastic bags and they'll recycle them.

    save your cans and send them to the recycling center. some places pay you for your recyclables. do online research :D for your area

    in my neighborhood there is a recycle truck that comes on garbage day to pick up things in the special blue barrel and you don' have to sort it out they do it at the center. as long as its recyclable (paper, aluminum cans, plastic bottles) you put it in the barrel and they take it away :D you dont get compensation for it except a nice pat on the back that you are doing your part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bags sound really cool. Sorry I haven't seen them before to tell you where to find them. I get plastic all the time and use them for many other purposes, trash cans, scooping kitty box, etc. So in a way, I guess I'm recycling or reusing at least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Blaez & Debbie! :)

    I guess I should have asked the couple where they got them...Live and Learn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe they sell those at Target. The kind that snap up into a small square into your purse. Look for them there. I am the queen of totes and recyclable bags. I dont have any of the fold ups, though, because I usually just stuff them into each other and throw them in the back. It would be nice to have at least one because there are many times I forget to take my tote in and I could kick myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will look there! Thanks Dani! :)

    ReplyDelete