Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Reform this

As I'm sure you are all aware that we are in the midst of a huge debate over health care reform as a nation. Well, I have a suggestion for President Obama...reform my health care's diabetic supply stupidity!

When I was first diagnosed my aunt purchased me a Contour system. I wasn't sure if I liked it but she said she had a connection to supplies and because we thought we had to pay out of pocket, and at a $1 a test strip, I was happy with that! Well, of course she has access to a different Contour system's supplies and it didn't work with my system! So she brought me her Contour TS system to use strips that were set to expire soon. Yes, who knew that those strips actually expire!!

Then when I went to the diabetic nurse she told me that my supplies should be covered under my durable medical equipment portion of my healthcare insurance versus my prescription coverage. So I set that up and went to the pharmacy I was assigned to and picked up my third system, an Accu-Chek Aviva. I definitely am not a fan of the tester but have fell in love with the part that holds the lancet and stabs me. It was so much nicer, easier, and less painful than the ones that came with the Contour systems (both of them).

So this past week I needed more lancets, because I didn't get them the day I picked up the Aviva, because I didn't need them. So what am I told when I pick them up?!? My insurance won't pay for the lancets that go with the Aviva, even though they would only pay for the Aviva machine and will only pay for the Aviva test strips. WTF?!? Are you kidding me? So now I have to figure out a way to carry the Contour lancet system with my Aviva machine and test strips. Nice...because none of the carrying cases hold them both! Ugh....

Could someone please tell me the reasoning behind this stupidity? You give me a machine and I can only use half of it. Apparently they forgot that stress isn't good for diabetics! Dumb-asses!!

Now I'm off to get ready to meet the munchkin and the aunt for breakfast @ I-HOP! It will be our first time there and since my munchkin loves pancakes we thought he would love I-HOP. :) Then on to soccer pictures and I come back home for homework! Fun, fun, fun!! :D

Enjoy your Saturday!


2 comments:

  1. i feel you!

    i had a spinal fusion and while they didn't blink an eye at the brace i'd have to wear they are now questioning my walker... are you serious? my walker! the thing i needed to get me out of bed and to walk around and to hold me steady after the surgery...

    buncha morons if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMFG!!!! What is wrong with these a-holes?! Ugh....

    ReplyDelete