Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Labor Day!

This is it...the last unofficial weekend of summer! I hope everyone has the opportunity to get out there for one last cookout and enjoy themselves today! :)

I on the other hand am cooped-up in the house, at my computer, doing homework. I stayed up until 4am last night (technically this morning) working on drafting a complaint for Pre-Trial Lit, which is due Thursday. I seem to be working backwards with my due dates, but I had a feeling that this was going to be my most difficult drafted pleading and so far it has lived up to those expectations. I think I just need to fine tune it, draft my summons, draft my cover sheet and draft a corporate interest disclosure statement and then prepare for a client interview and then I have one class done! Have mercy...

I was a little disappointed when I looked out and we have grey skies and some raindrops falling, but I guess it helps me feel less like wanting to have a cook-out and less guilty for denying my son the opportunity to come home and play on his new swing-set. Of course I am really disappointed in the fact that since I didn't step up and plan a family gathering, it didn't happen, because no one else in my family planned one. I have often suspected that if I didn't plan a holiday gathering one wouldn't happen and they are proving me correct. Bad family...I guess I sort of expected my bro to step-up, but he didn't. C'est la vie!

Anyways...off to homework!! Happy Labor Day y'all!!


4 comments:

  1. i know how you feel! even tho its not homework its this stupid recovery!

    i've been doing things i'm sure my Dr will cringe over on the 14th when i go in for my checkup... but then again when i thought he was going throw a fit because i was walking 1/2 a mile a day when instead he applauded me and said "no more than 1/2 until i see you again, young lady!!"

    Mon-Fri I walk about 1/2 a mile ea day. Saturday can be more and sunday has been ALOT more! you know how many miles I've been walking because of Bridal Registries? Next time we go I'm gonna have Taranis wear our "mile tracker" and just see how much I'm doing...

    Anyways, I hope you get to do something fun on Monday! I think we're going to go to a craft fair for a little bit (i know i know i'm a glutten for punishment) and then i'm not doing ANYTHING anymore for the next year! lol yea right :D

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you took it easy today Blaez w/i reason, of course! LOL

    Hugs back at ya! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn homework! That's what I should be doing right now instead of being on the computer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear ya Debbie!! I'm so tired of homework and I've only completed week #3....UGH....

    ReplyDelete