Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Saturday, September 19, 2009

It wasn't worth it...

My trip to the new Super Wal-Marts was not worth the drive. It started out bad from the start. They only accepted half of my returnables. Apparently Squirt & Diet Sunkist are not worthy of Wal-Marts. So then I walk in the door and the greeter wants to know if I have a return. Um, no...just the bottles you guys won't take. He could have cared less about my pain at that point.

Shockingly, I am very picky about my grocery shopping. I like to pick out my own Red Delicious apples...not an option here. It was a bag and that was it. They didn't care the carrots like I get at Meijers so I settled for baby carrots to take with me...whatev. They also didn't have my bottled water. I take Fuji to work with me because I can easily measure the fact that I have drank 32ozs of water with one bottle, plus it tastes super good! It took like 5 minutes to find Selsun Blue shampoo, because it wasn't with the regular shampoo. And who puts shampoo on one side of the isle and conditioner on the other side?? Quoting my man Eminem here, How fucked up is you? As far as my munchkin's shampoo...I never did find it, but I think I also forgot about it. I had already determined that I was going to have to make a run to Meijers when I discovered they didn't carry my water...

So on to Meijers I went to get water and return the rest of my cans...from there I went to Wal-Greens to pick up my pictures. I had already kind of figured out that my 50% coupon didn't apply to instore coupons, but the dude with the now blonde (last time I saw him it was green) 7" mohawk gave it to me anyways, which was great because that was a $35.13 savings. I must have had a fearful look on my face when I was apologizing for being too dumb to read the fine print, because he told me not to worry about it. It wasn't something he would lose his job over. Good to know since he is the only one there that really knows what he is doing.

Then back home. Since all I had ate since my lunch at 1:30pm, which was a homemade taco salad, was a small order of mini-tacos from my local drive-in @ 7pm I decided I needed to eat so I ordered me some pizza and sat down to do some blogging because I've got some long over due pictures to show y'all!

2 comments:

  1. i'm sorry your experience was bad!! K-Marts are bad for me. But Wal-Mart and target are my 2 fave stores!

    Before we moved to this suburb and we lived in the other one we went to Meijers because it was closer. Now its Super Target or Jewel for grocery and other shopping. I still buy my clothes at walmart! lol most of em anyways. love the clearances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone needs to put our KMarts out of its misery in our town... It is a sad shambles of a store...

    I think I'll stick to my Meijers for my weekly grocery shopping...c'est la vie!

    ReplyDelete